Translation of spectacle in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (public show) to make a spectacle of oneselfdar un or el espectáculo [colloquial]
ponerse en ridículoExample sentences1.2 (sight) a sad spectacle
un triste espectáculoExample sentences
- Heather Taylor and Amy Chu produced and performed in the spectacle.
- A handful of other artists staged theatrical public spectacles, performances grounded in the sociologies of place and personality.
- Everywhere amazing spectacles were being performed, as crowds gathered and applauded the snake charmers, coal-walkers, and fire-eaters.
- But the unseemly scenes provided an entertaining spectacle for those drinking in the evening sun outside the pub.
- The two of them whooped and hollered some more; their wives sighed at the spectacle and regarded each other with love.
- It would be an odd spectacle, for two friends of opposite sex parading through the town on horses with no saddle.
- 2also: spectacles pluralgafas (feminine plural)a pair of spectacles
anteojos (masculine plural) (especially Latin America)
lentes (masculine plural) (especially Latin America)un par de gafas ( or anteojos etc)
unas gafas ( or unos anteojos etc)Example sentences
- It was in Venice, the centre of glass making, that the first pair of spectacles appeared, around 1280.
- Lamb draws an analogy with a pair of spectacles.
- His hair was blond, and his eyes a bright blue colour, partially hidden behind a small pair of green tinted spectacles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.