Translation of speculation in Spanish:
noununcountable or countable
- 1 (Finance) speculation in copper/on the stock marketespeculación en or con cobre/en la bolsato buy something as a speculationcomprar algo para especularproperty speculationespeculación en or con bienes raíces
- 2 (reflection, conjecture) there has been speculation about a mergerse ha especulado sobre la posibilidad de una fusiónthat's pure speculationes pura especulaciónthere is mounting speculation about it
son solo conjeturas or suposicionesse intensifican las especulaciones al respectoExample sentences
- The Prime Minister's press chief returned from Washington yesterday amid unprecedented speculation he was going to resign.
- Into this vacuum of information came the very worst kind of speculation, the most extreme of views.
- The profitability of the trade has given rise to speculation that money from wildlife is financing terrorist activities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.