Translation of speculation in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1 (Finance) speculation in copper/on the stock marketto buy something as a speculationespeculación en or con cobre/en la bolsaproperty speculationcomprar algo para especularespeculación en or con bienes raíces
- 2 (reflection, conjecture) there has been speculation about a mergerthat's pure speculationse ha especulado sobre la posibilidad de una fusiónthere is mounting speculation about ites pura especulaciónson solo conjeturas or suposicionesse intensifican las especulaciones al respectoExample sentences
- The Prime Minister's press chief returned from Washington yesterday amid unprecedented speculation he was going to resign.
- Into this vacuum of information came the very worst kind of speculation, the most extreme of views.
- The profitability of the trade has given rise to speculation that money from wildlife is financing terrorist activities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the