Translation of speculation in Spanish:
noun/nombreu and c
- 1 [Finance] especulación (feminine) speculation in copper/on the stock market especulación en or con cobre/en la bolsa to buy sth as a speculation comprar algo para especular property speculation especulación en or con bienes raíces
- 2 (reflection, conjecture) especulación (feminine) there has been speculation about a merger se ha especulado sobre la posibilidad de una fusión that's pure speculation es pura especulación, son solo conjeturas or suposiciones there is mounting speculation about it se intensifican las especulaciones al respectoExample sentences
- The Prime Minister's press chief returned from Washington yesterday amid unprecedented speculation he was going to resign.
- Into this vacuum of information came the very worst kind of speculation, the most extreme of views.
- The profitability of the trade has given rise to speculation that money from wildlife is financing terrorist activities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas