- 1 [Fin] especulación (f) speculation in copper/on the stock market especulación en or con cobre/en la bolsa to buy sth as a speculation comprar algo para especular property speculation especulación en or con bienes raíces
- 2 (reflection, conjecture) especulación (f) there has been speculation about a merger se ha especulado sobre la posibilidad de una fusión that's pure speculation es pura especulación, son solo conjeturas or suposiciones there is mounting speculation about it se intensifican las especulaciones al respectoMore example sentences
- The Prime Minister's press chief returned from Washington yesterday amid unprecedented speculation he was going to resign.
- Into this vacuum of information came the very worst kind of speculation, the most extreme of views.
- The profitability of the trade has given rise to speculation that money from wildlife is financing terrorist activities.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.