- 1 [Fin] especulación (f) speculation in copper/on the stock market especulación en or con cobre/en la bolsa to buy sth as a speculation comprar algo para especular property speculation especulación en or con bienes raíces
- 2 (reflection, conjecture) especulación (f) there has been speculation about a merger se ha especulado sobre la posibilidad de una fusión that's pure speculation es pura especulación, son solo conjeturas or suposiciones there is mounting speculation about it se intensifican las especulaciones al respectoMore example sentences
- The Prime Minister's press chief returned from Washington yesterday amid unprecedented speculation he was going to resign.
- Into this vacuum of information came the very worst kind of speculation, the most extreme of views.
- The profitability of the trade has given rise to speculation that money from wildlife is financing terrorist activities.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.