nuncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable
- 1 [Finance/Finanzas] especulación (feminine) speculation in copper/on the stock market especulación en or con cobre/en la bolsa to buy sth as a speculation comprar algo para especular property speculation especulación en or con bienes raíces
- 2 (reflection, conjecture) especulación (feminine) there has been speculation about a merger se ha especulado sobre la posibilidad de una fusión that's pure speculation es pura especulación, son solo conjeturas or suposiciones there is mounting speculation about it se intensifican las especulaciones al respectoMore example sentences
- The Prime Minister's press chief returned from Washington yesterday amid unprecedented speculation he was going to resign.
- Into this vacuum of information came the very worst kind of speculation, the most extreme of views.
- The profitability of the trade has given rise to speculation that money from wildlife is financing terrorist activities.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.