- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (act) habla (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) we communicate through speech nos comunicamos mediante el habla freedom of speech libertad (feminine) de expresión or de palabra 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (faculty) habla (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) to recover one's speech recuperar el habla to lose the power of speech perder* el habla (before noun/delante del nombre) speech defect defecto (masculine) del habla or de pronunciación speech impediment impedimento (masculine) del hablaMore example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (manner of speaking) forma (feminine) de hablar
More example sentences1.4 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (language, dialect) habla (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) in casual speech en el habla coloquial (before noun/delante del nombre) a speech community una comunidad lingüística
- I'd long since lost the ability to understand human speech.
- Their research could have implications for discovering how the developing brain processes sound and speech.
- One of the most compelling is the marked improvement of our ability to understand speech if we can observe the speaker's lips moving.
- Each has an idiosyncratic style of dress and speech.
- She had an excellent ear for accents and individual styles of speech, but otherwise did not alter her voice drastically.
- His soothing, mannered style of speech and genuine affection for his film kept my attention throughout the duration of the commentary.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (oration) discurso (m), alocución (f) [formal] the Queen's/King's speechdiscurso pronunciado por el monarca en el que se detallan los planes del Gobierno speech! speech! [humorous/humorístico] ¡que hable! ¡que hable! to make o [formal] deliver a speech (on o about sth) dar* or [formal] pronunciar un discurso (sobre or acerca de algo) 2.2 [Theater/Teatro] parlamento (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Other cassettes sport Agatha Christie tales and one cassette in particular is all about the great speeches by famous characters in various Shakespearean plays.
- And then in the middle of my long speech I forgot my lines.
- The manner in which he conducted branch meetings or indeed his professionalism in his delivery of addresses and speeches at formal functions would be sadly missed.
- Formal speeches were delivered at the main gate but were drowned out by a low flying army helicopter.
- At 81, he can get the full attention of an audience while delivering a speech or singing a song..
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a privately owned school that receives no government funds is called a colegio privado. Parents pay monthly fees. Colegios privados cover all stages of primary and secondary education.