Translation of speech in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (act) we communicate through speechfreedom of speechnos comunicamos mediante el habla1.2 uncountable (faculty) to recover one's speechlibertad (feminine) de expresión or de palabrato lose the power of speechrecuperar el hablaperder el hablaExample sentences1.3 uncountable (manner of speaking)
forma (feminine) de hablarExample sentences1.4 uncountable and countable (language, dialect) in casual speech
- I'd long since lost the ability to understand human speech.
- Their research could have implications for discovering how the developing brain processes sound and speech.
- One of the most compelling is the marked improvement of our ability to understand speech if we can observe the speaker's lips moving.
(before noun) a speech communityen el habla coloquialuna comunidad lingüística
- Each has an idiosyncratic style of dress and speech.
- She had an excellent ear for accents and individual styles of speech, but otherwise did not alter her voice drastically.
- His soothing, mannered style of speech and genuine affection for his film kept my attention throughout the duration of the commentary.
- 2 countable 2.1 (oration) the Queen's/King's speech(discurso pronunciado por el monarca en el que se detallan los planes del Gobierno)speech! speech! [humorous]to make o [formal] deliver a speech (on o about something)¡que hable! ¡que hable!2.2 (Theater)dar or [formal] pronunciar un discurso (sobre or acerca de algo)Example sentences
- Other cassettes sport Agatha Christie tales and one cassette in particular is all about the great speeches by famous characters in various Shakespearean plays.
- And then in the middle of my long speech I forgot my lines.
- The manner in which he conducted branch meetings or indeed his professionalism in his delivery of addresses and speeches at formal functions would be sadly missed.
- Formal speeches were delivered at the main gate but were drowned out by a low flying army helicopter.
- At 81, he can get the full attention of an audience while delivering a speech or singing a song..
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the