Translation of speech in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (act) we communicate through speechnos comunicamos mediante el hablafreedom of speechlibertad (feminine) de expresión or de palabraExample sentences1.2 uncountable (faculty) to recover one's speech
recuperar el hablato lose the power of speechperder el habla1.3 uncountable (manner of speaking)forma (feminine) de hablarExample sentences1.4 uncountable and countable (language, dialect) in casual speech
- I'd long since lost the ability to understand human speech.
- Their research could have implications for discovering how the developing brain processes sound and speech.
- One of the most compelling is the marked improvement of our ability to understand speech if we can observe the speaker's lips moving.
en el habla coloquial(before noun) a speech communityuna comunidad lingüística
- Each has an idiosyncratic style of dress and speech.
- She had an excellent ear for accents and individual styles of speech, but otherwise did not alter her voice drastically.
- His soothing, mannered style of speech and genuine affection for his film kept my attention throughout the duration of the commentary.
- 2 countable 2.1 (oration)alocución (feminine) [formal]the Queen's/King's speech(discurso pronunciado por el monarca en el que se detallan los planes del Gobierno)speech! speech! [humorous]¡que hable! ¡que hable!to make or [formal] deliver a speech (on or about something)dar un discurso (sobre or acerca de algo)Example sentences2.2 (Theatre)
- The manner in which he conducted branch meetings or indeed his professionalism in his delivery of addresses and speeches at formal functions would be sadly missed.
- Formal speeches were delivered at the main gate but were drowned out by a low flying army helicopter.
- At 81, he can get the full attention of an audience while delivering a speech or singing a song..
- Other cassettes sport Agatha Christie tales and one cassette in particular is all about the great speeches by famous characters in various Shakespearean plays.
- And then in the middle of my long speech I forgot my lines.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.