- 1 1.1 [money] gastar to spend sth
onsb/sth gastar algo enalgn/algo she doesn't mind spending $250 on a pair of shoes no le importa gastar(se) 250 dólares en un par de zapatosMore example sentences1.2 (expend) to spend sth (
- We spent too much money on people that hate us and loathe us and want us out of their country.
- By now there should be nobody who doesn't agree that how much money we spend per pupil makes a difference.
onsth) dedicarle* algo aalgo, invertir* algo enalgo they spent a lot of time and energy on the project le dedicaron mucho tiempo y muchas energías al proyecto, invirtieron mucho tiempo y muchas energías en el proyecto she spent two months on that painting (se) pasó dos meses con ese cuadro, le dedicó dos meses a ese cuadro don't spend too long on each question no le dediquen mucho tiempo a cada pregunta spend your time wisely emplea bien el tiempo
- 2 (pass) [period of time] pasar where did you spend Christmas/your vacation? ¿dónde pasaste la Navidad/tus vacaciones? I spent the morning working/shopping (me) pasé la mañana trabajando/de compras I spent five years as a salesman (me) pasé cinco años trabajando como vendedorMore example sentences
- She spent a sleepless night passing along the police line searching out scraps of news.
- A driver without a resident's pass wanting to spend three hours in Piccadilly car park must find £6 in coins.
- Last week the town council passed a motion to spend a day picking up litter around the town.
- 3 (exhaust) agotar the hurricane had spent its force/itself el huracán había agotado or perdido su fuerza/se había extinguidoMore example sentences
- She put her hands on her hips and watched as the can spent itself.
- The lightning spent itself and the coach fell to the ground unconscious.
- The last drops of the rainfall spattered heavily against the cobblestones as the storm spent itself and shook itself off.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.