Translation of sperm in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural sperm or , sperms)
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (seminal liquid) semen (masculine), esperma (masculine) or (feminine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (gamete) espermatozoide (masculine), espermatozoo (masculine), espermio (masculine)
- If there is a problem with the male partner sperm, then sperm from an anonymous donor may be used.
- Males taking thalidomide should not donate sperm or blood.
- It's those bad boys swinging away down low that produce the two things - testosterone and sperm - that determine what kind of man you are.
- Hennig is now doing research into how DNA works in the cell after connection of sperms and eggs.
- Fertility scientists like Trounson say it is only a matter of time before the technique is also used to develop sperm and eggs cells, making infertility a thing of the past.
- In the sex cells, the sperms and eggs, chromosomes come in singles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.