- 1 1.1 (globe) esfera (f)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Astron] [Hist] esfera (f) the celestial sphere la bóveda or esfera celeste
- He saw a large ghost pulling on a long lever, at the opposite end of which a plunger crushed a smiling white ball into a billiard-sized sphere.
- The mystical warrior balled up his fist, summoning a sphere of black energy, which was surrounded by purple lightening, and flung it into the air.
- The archon floated over to a shiny sphere filled with orbiting balls of light.
More example sentences
- These will include a 20-metre sphere representing the Earth.
- A new logo was also designed for the Airport, consisting of a bird in flight, silhouetted against a sphere or the earth's globe.
- Bob then lifted his hand to waist height and then turned it palm side up, a light then came from Bob's hand and formed a sphere that looked like earth.
More example sentences
- The symbol of the sun and moon lay embossed on the frontal bind, the lunar sphere overtaking the sun in wars of dark and light.
- The twin suns of Safi and Soka were discernible as bloated yellow-red spheres just over the horizon.
- Anyway, the large sphere is the planet, obviously.
- Aristotle's geocentric astronomy, which attaches the heavenly bodies to a series of concentric spheres, was not his own creation.
- He knew the stars to be attached to crystal spheres revolving about the Earth.
- The spheres above man contain the heavenly bodies, the angels and finally, God.
- 2 (field, circle) esfera (f), ámbito (m) within the sphere of politics en el ámbito or campo político, en la esfera política sphere of influence esfera (f) de influencia that's outside my sphere eso no es de mi competenciaMore example sentences
- It may be permissible to call them economic conflicts because they concern that sphere of human life which is, in common speech, known as the sphere of economic activities.
- In the past, the Malays were tied to their agrarian communities, and the British brought in Chinese and Indians to partake in different spheres of economic activities.
- This can be seen in the following quotation, in which Pareto connects interests with the economic sphere.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...