- 1.1 c and u (seasoning) especia (feminine) the spices used in Indian cookery las especias utilizadas en la cocina india spice trade/islands comercio (masculine)/islas (feminine plural) de las especias 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (zest, interest) sabor (masculine) to add spice to a story hacer* un relato más sabroso (with sexual connotations) hacer* un relato más picante variety 1 1More example sentences
- The police officer is an interesting character and adds spice to the investigations.
- Believe me, the usage of missiles and countermeasures adds a lot of spice to the game.
- There are some variants that we have found add more spice / interest.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] (often passive/frecuentemente en voz pasiva) condimentar, sazonar* I don't like highly spiced food (seasoned) no me gusta la comida demasiado condimentada (hot, peppery) no me gusta la comida picante 1.2 (add excitement to) darle* sabor a to spice up a story darle* más sabor a un relato (with sexual connotations) hacer* un relato más picante
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.