Translation of spiky in Spanish:
adjective -kier, -kiest
- 1 1.1 (having spikes)con puntas or púas or pinchosExample sentences1.2 (sharp, pointed) 1.3
- Spearers impale fish with spikey appendages, much like their insect namesake.
- Pufferfish can balloon into a spikey sphere within moments of sensing a nearby threat.
- Having experienced unspoilt forest and encountered proboscis monkeys, I found myself face-to-face with a green wall of spikey fronged oil palms.
- 2 (caustic, sharp)Example sentences
- I tend to play people who are a bit spiky or abrasive or lack filters, or say what they think.
- Jensen's inventive tale features a very real, very spiky protagonist.
- I remember the head coach making this point in slightly spiky fashion during a post-match press conference four seasons ago.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.