Translation of spindle in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Mech] eje (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (for spinning thread) huso (masculine)
- It is for this reason that we spot-face our cranks at the same time we drill the hole for the pedal spindle and bottom bracket axis.
- Golder uses felt mops, which he makes himself, on a spindle revolving at 3,000 revs, and employs pumice powder mixed with vegetable oil to polish the silver.
- We currently use both air-bearing spindles and electric motors to rotate the disks.
- There'll always be a huge demand here for raw wool from Australia, provided we can keep the spindles here spinning wool and keep them away from spinning synthetics.
- While traveling along the Inca Road, Muller carries wool and a spindle with her.
- Having prepared the wool or flax the women would then have spun it using a drop spindle (spinning wheels are a much later invention).
- The Asoka Chakra could be viewed, imaginatively, as a spinning-wheel without the spindle and spinner.
- Davis's are flatter, and by this point he had progressed to using bamboo-turned spindles.
- Nowhere else in India will you see spinning on single spindle charkas with 24 spokes, claims Lakshman Rao.
Example sentences1.3 (for papers) (American English/inglés norteamericano) pinchapapeles (masculine)
- Attention must also be made to the reels bearings in which the spindle of the spool is housed.
- A gossamer thread issues from her enormous abdomen at a steady clip, wound by a motor onto a revolving spindle.
- This problem was particularly acute in the textile sector where a large number of spindles were set up on the basis of suppliers' credits.
- Based on engineering specifications, the most efficient minimum production level of a spinning mill is 30,000 spindles.
- The spindle had papers stuck onto it; one of them slid off and away through the air.
- Keep track of all your orders with this simple wire order slip spindle.
- The sociologist said the spindle would align statuses since the orders will have to wait till the cook got them.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...