Translation of spine in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Anatomy) to send a chill up o shivers down somebody's spineproducirle escalofríos a alguienthe very idea sends shivers down my spineme dan escalofríos or (River Plate area) [colloquial] chuchos de frío de solo pensarloa shiver ran down my spineun escalofrío me recorrió la espaldaExample sentences1.2 (of book)
- Cervical nerve roots exit the cervical spine through the intervertebral foramina between the vertebrae.
- Below the lumbar spine is the sacrum, which is actually five vertebrae fused into one bone.
- It can result in spina bifida, where the bones of the spine do not completely enclose the spinal cord.
- Most packages contain two tapes within a box about the size of a book, arranged on bookstore shelves with the spine displaying the author and title.
- Yet its opulent, mouldering furnishings appear intact, its books look down from the shelves, their spines unspoiled but their pages crumbled by termites.
- She'd run her fingers gently over the book spines and read the titles he kept on the shelf above his writing desk.
- 2 (on animal)(on plant) espina (feminine)Example sentences
- The dorsal and pectoral fins have hard spines whereas the other rays are soft like the anal and caudal fins.
- Bream have a needle sharp set of spines running through the dorsal fin similar to bass.
- The fins have strong leading rays, which form a row of sharp spines along the dorsal fin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.