Translation of spite in Spanish:
- 1 (malice) she did it out of o from sheer spitelo hizo por pura maldad/por puro rencor or resentimientoExample sentences
- Those of a pure heart who would never hurt anyone in sheer spite.
- He hoped she grew out of her hatefulness one day, and hoped that there was a good reason why she was so full of malice and spite.
- It means that we are subjects of jealousy and envy and malice and spite and hatred.
- he only does it to spite melo hace solo para molestarme or [colloquial] fastidiarme(stronger)she's only spiting herself by not going to the partylo hace solo para herirme or mortificarmela única que se fastidia no yendo a la fiesta es ella [colloquial]Example sentences
- You're clearly far more interested in spiting this man than in considering the defense needs of the country.
- It's further spiting me today by giving me some horrendous bowel cramps and spectacular diarrhoea.
- It was becoming a bad habit of mine, spiting him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.