- 1 (malice) maldad (f); (resentment) rencor (m), resentimiento (m) she did it out of o from sheer spite lo hizo por pura maldad/por puro rencor or resentimientoMore example sentences
- Those of a pure heart who would never hurt anyone in sheer spite.
- He hoped she grew out of her hatefulness one day, and hoped that there was a good reason why she was so full of malice and spite.
- It means that we are subjects of jealousy and envy and malice and spite and hatred.
- molestar, fastidiar he only does it to spite me lo hace solo para molestarme or [familiar/colloquial] fastidiarme (stronger) lo hace solo para herirme or mortificarme she's only spiting herself by not going to the party la única que se fastidia no yendo a la fiesta es ella [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- You're clearly far more interested in spiting this man than in considering the defense needs of the country.
- It's further spiting me today by giving me some horrendous bowel cramps and spectacular diarrhoea.
- It was becoming a bad habit of mine, spiting him.