Translation of splay in Spanish:
- 1 (spread apart) to splay one's legs the front wheels of the car were badly splayedlas ruedas delanteras del coche estaban muy desalineadasExample sentences
- Sharma's feet were splayed, set apart from each other in disgrace, his work unfinished.
- His legs are splayed out, one stretching behind him in a straight line, the other knee bent and lying on something that seems to have broken his fall.
- To do so requires that their legs are splayed quite far apart in order for them to bring their head to ground level.
- But her long legs splayed out spread eagle, and her dress up to her waist.
- His fingers and toes splayed out, his tail arced, bracing for impact.
- She bent her legs and wiggled her entire body in a jerky motion, flicking her long fingers outward, while her wooden silk hair splayed out around her as the crimson ribbon was lost.
- 2 (Architecture, Construction)(door/window)
construir con derrame or derramoExample sentences
- The walls, built of coursed red stone, stand almost 4 m. high with two doorways and five splayed windows.
- The main entrance to Hillyfields is now through an access set between splayed walls which are constructed across the disputed strip almost up to the edge of the metalled driveway.
- The bands form a matrix for a mathematically calculated grid of deeply recessed and splayed bays each containing windows of different sizes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.