Translation of splice in Spanish:
- (ropes) (Nautical)coser
ayustar(wood)to get spliced [colloquial] [humorous]
ensamblarmatrimoniarse [colloquial] [humorous]Example sentences
- There are a variety of connectors available that allow you to splice the ropes end to end, in a T-shape, or in a Y-shape.
- Vantec did a nice job splicing the cables, and binding them nicely with the rubber housing.
- Without the money for college, he started working for New York Telephone splicing cables in 1966.
- Film-makers have dubbed songs over personal footage to create their own music videos while others have spliced sections of different films together to create new plots.
- Not content with delving into various mediums with which to present their releases, which in the past have been anything from 8 track cartridges to spliced tape segments.
- Are you constantly shooting a scene multiple times in multiple ways and then splicing your favorite pieces together in the editing room?
- (in rope) (Nautical)costura (feminine)
ayuste (masculine)(in wood)
ensambladura (feminine)Example sentences
- The mooring and towing of oil rigs and huge ships rely on the strength and durability of thick ropes and the splices that join those ropes.
- Thanks to the suspension tops and diagonal drop-down field splices, the fill-in pieces were successfully erected and positioned, says Budzius.
- Then I felt the thickening of the rope - a splice!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.