- 1.1 (of program, show) patrocinador, (masculine, feminine); (of sporting event) patrocinador, (masculine, feminine), espónsor (masculine and feminine), sponsor (masculine and feminine); (for the arts) mecenas (masculine and feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (for membership) you need two members to act as sponsors te tienen que presentar dos socios 1.3 (of bill, motion) proponente (masculine and feminine)
- For example, be a sponsor of a local art contest or an artist award.
- The competition was such a positive experience because it was so well organized and because everyone involved - volunteers, sponsors - was excited about the event.
- The Water Tower sponsors such events as art classes, auctions and a local film festival, in addition to housing gallery space for cutting-edge artworks.
More example sentences1.4 [Religion/Religión] (male) padrino (masculine); (female) madrina (feminine)
- The broadcaster was one of those who lead the charge, using private money when the television sponsors refused to finance their programme.
- The last thing the media want is something with any hint of reality, any threatening sound or sentiment that disturbs the cosy world of MTV, sponsors and commercial radio.
- Would the sponsors and the television network be happy with do-overs?
More example sentences
- Cooperatives can help bring stability, economic development and democracy according to a principal sponsor of the legislation.
- The California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation, the sponsor of this bill, states that hundreds, if not thousands, of people are affected annually by pesticide exposures.
- Eventually, the lead sponsor of the bill, and member of the Senate Judiciary Committee testified to the Senate Agriculture Committee.
- Sir Walter's involvement as a sponsor for his own child would not have required his own adult baptism or re-baptism.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (promote) [program/event/festival] patrocinar, auspiciar; [research/expedition/studies] subvencionar, financiar sponsored swim/walk (British English/inglés británico) [ evento en el cual los participantes reciben donativos para una obra benéfica de acuerdo a la distancia recorrida ] 1.2 [applicant/application] apoyar, respaldar 1.3 [bill/motion] (present) presentar, proponer*; (support) apoyar
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.