Translation of sponsor in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of program, show)patrocinador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)(of sporting event)patrocinador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)(for the arts)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (for membership) See examples: you need two members to act as sponsors
- For example, be a sponsor of a local art contest or an artist award.
- The competition was such a positive experience because it was so well organized and because everyone involved - volunteers, sponsors - was excited about the event.
- The Water Tower sponsors such events as art classes, auctions and a local film festival, in addition to housing gallery space for cutting-edge artworks.
1.3 (of bill, motion)te tienen que presentar dos sociosExample sentences1.4 (Religion) (male)
- The broadcaster was one of those who lead the charge, using private money when the television sponsors refused to finance their programme.
- The last thing the media want is something with any hint of reality, any threatening sound or sentiment that disturbs the cosy world of MTV, sponsors and commercial radio.
- Would the sponsors and the television network be happy with do-overs?
- Cooperatives can help bring stability, economic development and democracy according to a principal sponsor of the legislation.
- The California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation, the sponsor of this bill, states that hundreds, if not thousands, of people are affected annually by pesticide exposures.
- Eventually, the lead sponsor of the bill, and member of the Senate Judiciary Committee testified to the Senate Agriculture Committee.
- Sir Walter's involvement as a sponsor for his own child would not have required his own adult baptism or re-baptism.
- 1.1 (promote) sponsored swim/walk (British English)(evento en el cual los participantes reciben donativos para una obra benéfica de acuerdo a la distancia recorrida)1.2Example sentences1.3 (bill/motion) (present)
- The Cleveland Museum of Contemporary Art sponsored the art project and exhibited the photo in August.
- He sponsors the project and watches the costs rocket to over a million above the original budget.
- The project was sponsored by the US Government and cost more than $1,000,000.
- A bipartisan coalition of some 50 members backs the House bill, sponsored by U.S. Reps.
- Kaptur sponsored a bill in the House of Representatives to toughen the Agricultural Fair Practices Act, which protects farmers in bargaining groups from retribution.
- Earlier this year, McCain and Joseph Lieberman sponsored a bipartisan bill calling for cuts in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Those businesses that don't host an artist will often sponsor the events.
- The funny thing is, many sponsors just do not realize that they can get a lot more mileage sponsoring women's events.
- We are delighted that KITT, manufacturers of quality equestrian products and safety items, are sponsoring these events.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.