Translation of sponsor in Spanish:
- 1 (of program, show)patrocinador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)(of sporting event) patrocinador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)
espónsor (masculine or feminine)
sponsor (masculine or feminine)(for the arts) mecenas (masculine or feminine)Example sentences
- For example, be a sponsor of a local art contest or an artist award.
- The competition was such a positive experience because it was so well organized and because everyone involved - volunteers, sponsors - was excited about the event.
- The Water Tower sponsors such events as art classes, auctions and a local film festival, in addition to housing gallery space for cutting-edge artworks.
- The broadcaster was one of those who lead the charge, using private money when the television sponsors refused to finance their programme.
- The last thing the media want is something with any hint of reality, any threatening sound or sentiment that disturbs the cosy world of MTV, sponsors and commercial radio.
- Would the sponsors and the television network be happy with do-overs?
- 3 (of bill, motion)Example sentences
- Cooperatives can help bring stability, economic development and democracy according to a principal sponsor of the legislation.
- The California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation, the sponsor of this bill, states that hundreds, if not thousands, of people are affected annually by pesticide exposures.
- Eventually, the lead sponsor of the bill, and member of the Senate Judiciary Committee testified to the Senate Agriculture Committee.
- 1 (promote) sponsored swim/walk (British English)(evento en el cual los participantes reciben donativos para una obra benéfica de acuerdo a la distancia recorrida)Example sentences
- The Cleveland Museum of Contemporary Art sponsored the art project and exhibited the photo in August.
- He sponsors the project and watches the costs rocket to over a million above the original budget.
- The project was sponsored by the US Government and cost more than $1,000,000.
- Those businesses that don't host an artist will often sponsor the events.
- The funny thing is, many sponsors just do not realize that they can get a lot more mileage sponsoring women's events.
- We are delighted that KITT, manufacturers of quality equestrian products and safety items, are sponsoring these events.
- 3 (bill/motion) (present)(support) apoyarExample sentences
- A bipartisan coalition of some 50 members backs the House bill, sponsored by U.S. Reps.
- Kaptur sponsored a bill in the House of Representatives to toughen the Agricultural Fair Practices Act, which protects farmers in bargaining groups from retribution.
- Earlier this year, McCain and Joseph Lieberman sponsored a bipartisan bill calling for cuts in greenhouse gas emissions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.