- 1.1 (financing) patrocinio (masculine), auspicio (masculine); (of the arts) mecenazgo (masculine); (of sports) patrocinio (masculine), esponsorización (feminine) under their sponsorship bajo sus auspicios well-known for their sponsorship of the arts muy conocidos por su mecenazgoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (of application) respaldo (masculine) 1.3 (of bill, motion) respaldo (masculine), apoyo (masculine)
- This is the first time Pierce has become involved in sponsorship with the club and St Michael's are very appreciative of his involvement.
- The bank announced that, while sponsorship of the tournament itself is no longer suitable for the company, they do intend to maintain an interest in the game.
- It blames TV advertisers for promoting sweets and fatty foods and schools for allowing vending machines tuck shops, sponsorship by food companies and high fat and sugar meals.
- Organiser Michael Braund stresses it is not a race, but a leisurely walk, with the trophy going to the team that has raised the highest amount of sponsorship.
- "It can be difficult for schools to find funding for these projects so we would be very grateful for any sponsorship."
- His sponsorship is already up to £ 300 but he would like to raise at least £ 500, enough to fund one rescue flight.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.