Translation of spook in Spanish:
- 1 (ghost)Example sentences
- Judge Steve Evans takes on these unspooky spooks and non-existent ghosts - and he doesn't mind one bit.
- In their flower-powered custom van, the Mystery Machine, this teenage detective agency prowls the countryside in search of suspicious spooks and phony phantoms.
- The Ghosts Of Pac-Man asks a number of searching questions about the blamanche-like spooks in the early eighties video arcade game.
- 2 (secret policeman, policewoman)(American English) [colloquial] [pejorative]agente (masculine and feminine) de la policía secreta
- 3Example sentences
- Burke hooks Clayton in by suggesting that his father, who died under mysterious circumstances 10 years earlier, may actually have been a CIA spook as well.
- ‘Nobody ever heard of paying spooks until we began the practice,’ said ancient Abraham, cackling wheezily.
- The recent string of intelligence failures has provoked calls for creating a Director of National Intelligence who would have broad oversight over all spooks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than