- (of tape, film) carrete (m), carretel (m), reel (m) (RPl) ; (in fishing) carrete (m), carretel (m), reel (m) (RPl) a spool of thread (AmE) un carrete or una bobina or (RPl tb) un carretel de hiloMore example sentences
More example sentences
- As it turns, the moulin draws the warp threads from another device that holds a row of spools, the separate threads coming together into a single skein as they are wound onto the frame.
- Startlingly, her creative materials include marker caps, spools of thread, tacks, stickers, and pipe cleaners.
- The expatriate's urban cityscape is assembled from large spools of colored thread, empty liquor bottles, and toy cars.
- They're basically spools of line hung on the wall with bells attached.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.