- (of tape, film) carrete (masculine), carretel (masculine), reel (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) ; (in fishing) carrete (masculine), carretel (masculine), reel (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) a spool of thread (American English/inglés norteamericano) un carrete or una bobina or (in River Plate area also/en Río de la Plata también) un carretel de hiloMore example sentences
More example sentences
- As it turns, the moulin draws the warp threads from another device that holds a row of spools, the separate threads coming together into a single skein as they are wound onto the frame.
- Startlingly, her creative materials include marker caps, spools of thread, tacks, stickers, and pipe cleaners.
- The expatriate's urban cityscape is assembled from large spools of colored thread, empty liquor bottles, and toy cars.
- They're basically spools of line hung on the wall with bells attached.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.