- (of tape, film) carrete (masculine), carretel (masculine), reel (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) ; (in fishing) carrete (masculine), carretel (masculine), reel (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) a spool of thread (American English/inglés norteamericano) un carrete or una bobina or (in River Plate area also/en Río de la Plata también) un carretel de hiloMore example sentences
More example sentences
- As it turns, the moulin draws the warp threads from another device that holds a row of spools, the separate threads coming together into a single skein as they are wound onto the frame.
- Startlingly, her creative materials include marker caps, spools of thread, tacks, stickers, and pipe cleaners.
- The expatriate's urban cityscape is assembled from large spools of colored thread, empty liquor bottles, and toy cars.
- They're basically spools of line hung on the wall with bells attached.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mexico's muralist movement flourished between the two World Wars during a time of nationalist fervor. It was led by Diego Rivera, José Clemente Orozco, and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Their work reflected revolutionary themes and working-class struggle. They decorated many public buildings.