- (of tape, film) carrete (m), carretel (m), reel (m) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) ; (in fishing) carrete (m), carretel (m), reel (m) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) a spool of thread (American English/inglés norteamericano) un carrete or una bobina or (in River Plate area also/en Río de la Plata también) un carretel de hiloMore example sentences
More example sentences
- As it turns, the moulin draws the warp threads from another device that holds a row of spools, the separate threads coming together into a single skein as they are wound onto the frame.
- Startlingly, her creative materials include marker caps, spools of thread, tacks, stickers, and pipe cleaners.
- The expatriate's urban cityscape is assembled from large spools of colored thread, empty liquor bottles, and toy cars.
- They're basically spools of line hung on the wall with bells attached.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.