Translation of spoon in Spanish:
- 1 (piece of cutlery) a soup/serving spoonuna cuchara sopera/de servira wooden spoonuna cuchara de madera or de paloto be born with a silver spoon in one's mouthnacer en cuna de oroto get o win the wooden spoon (esp British English) [colloquial]quedar en último lugarllevarse el premio de consolación or (Southern Cone) el premio (de) consueloExample sentences
- Holding a spoon and a bowl, this woman lunches quietly, pensively and, most importantly, alone on the grass.
- Thirteen-month-old Kristin turns her head away when offered food on a spoon.
- He would make everyday utensils, such as spoons and bowls, and even made a 24-blade knife.
- 2 (spoonful) [colloquial](small) cucharadita (feminine)Example sentences
- I dropped the strainer method and adopted tea bags, made in the mug, but the drink (Assam with no more than a drop of milk and two heaped spoons of sugar) turned out the same: hot, strong and syrupy.
- One day I was putting six spoons of sugar into a cup of tea, when I saw some men at another table watching me.
- 3 (in fishing)Example sentences
- During the past week 26 anglers caught 53 trout for 68 lb in 49 angling days, mostly all to wet fly but also some by anglers trolling spoon baits.
- We could see how many fishermen had delved into these waters by the hundreds of spoon baits lodged in the weed.
- Some fishermen trolled dead bait as well as various types of spoon baits and some trout were caught.
- to spoon food into somebody's mouthdarle de comer a alguien en la bocaspoon the juices over the meatrocíe la carne con su jugospoon the filling into the tomatoesrellene los tomates con una cucharashe spooned the carrots onto my plateme sirvió las zanahoriasExample sentences
- I reach for it and he shakes his head; he spoons the sugar on my rice.
- She was smoking a cheap cigarette while spooning white sugar into a cup of tea stewed from the cheapest of teabags.
- ‘Well,’ I began, spooning some banana into my mouth.
- (dated or humorous)(lovers)
besuquearse [colloquial]Example sentences
- ‘The shooter aiming from Horseshoe Beach thought you and I were spooning on that ledge,’ she whispered.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.