Translation of sporting in Spanish:
- 1 (fair, sportsmanlike)(spirit)it's very sporting of you to offer to helpyou have a sporting chance of winninges muy amable de su parte ofrecerse a ayudartienes bastantes posibilidades or (in Latin America also) una buena chance de ganar
- 2 (no comparative) 2.1 (relating to sport)(press/interests)well known sporting celebrities2.2 (relating to hunting, shooting)figuras destacadas del mundo del deporte(dog/scene/party)a well-known sporting mande cazaun conocido cazadorExample sentences
- The cafe and lounge overlook the largest space in the building, a gymnasium used for both sporting and social events, which opens to a paved terrace on the west side.
- Success with that endeavor has led the company to commission artists for a number of world-class sporting events, including the Olympics, each year the games are held.
- Encourage your customers to bring in additional items relating to the shadowbox such as a golf tee, score card, ticket to a sporting event, a baseball hat or an autographed photo with a sports celebrity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.