- 1 (fair, sportsmanlike) [spirit] deportivo it's very sporting of you to offer to help es muy amable de su parte ofrecerse a ayudar you have a sporting chance of winning tienes bastantes posibilidades or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) una buena chance de ganar
- 2 (no comparative/sin comparativo) 2.1 (relating to sport) [press/interests] deportivo well known sporting celebrities figuras destacadas del mundo del deporte 2.2 (relating to hunting, shooting) [dog/scene/party] de caza a well-known sporting man un conocido cazadorMore example sentences
- The cafe and lounge overlook the largest space in the building, a gymnasium used for both sporting and social events, which opens to a paved terrace on the west side.
- Success with that endeavor has led the company to commission artists for a number of world-class sporting events, including the Olympics, each year the games are held.
- Encourage your customers to bring in additional items relating to the shadowbox such as a golf tee, score card, ticket to a sporting event, a baseball hat or an autographed photo with a sports celebrity.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.