- 1 (fair, sportsmanlike) [spirit] deportivo it's very sporting of you to offer to help es muy amable de su parte ofrecerse a ayudar you have a sporting chance of winning tienes bastantes posibilidades or (AmL tb) una buena chance de ganar
- 2 (no comp) 2.1 (relating to sport) [press/interests] deportivo well known sporting celebrities figuras destacadas del mundo del deporte 2.2 (relating to hunting, shooting) [dog/scene/party] de caza a well-known sporting man un conocido cazadorMore example sentences
- The cafe and lounge overlook the largest space in the building, a gymnasium used for both sporting and social events, which opens to a paved terrace on the west side.
- Success with that endeavor has led the company to commission artists for a number of world-class sporting events, including the Olympics, each year the games are held.
- Encourage your customers to bring in additional items relating to the shadowbox such as a golf tee, score card, ticket to a sporting event, a baseball hat or an autographed photo with a sports celebrity.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.