- 1 (fair, sportsmanlike) [spirit] deportivo it's very sporting of you to offer to help es muy amable de su parte ofrecerse a ayudar you have a sporting chance of winning tienes bastantes posibilidades or (AmL tb) una buena chance de ganar
- 2 (no comp) 2.1 (relating to sport) [press/interests] deportivo well known sporting celebrities figuras destacadas del mundo del deporte 2.2 (relating to hunting, shooting) [dog/scene/party] de caza a well-known sporting man un conocido cazadorMore example sentences
- The cafe and lounge overlook the largest space in the building, a gymnasium used for both sporting and social events, which opens to a paved terrace on the west side.
- Success with that endeavor has led the company to commission artists for a number of world-class sporting events, including the Olympics, each year the games are held.
- Encourage your customers to bring in additional items relating to the shadowbox such as a golf tee, score card, ticket to a sporting event, a baseball hat or an autographed photo with a sports celebrity.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.