- 1 (fair, sportsmanlike) [spirit] deportivo it's very sporting of you to offer to help es muy amable de su parte ofrecerse a ayudar you have a sporting chance of winning tienes bastantes posibilidades or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) una buena chance de ganar
- 2 (no comparative/sin comparativo) 2.1 (relating to sport) [press/interests] deportivo well known sporting celebrities figuras destacadas del mundo del deporte 2.2 (relating to hunting, shooting) [dog/scene/party] de caza a well-known sporting man un conocido cazadorMore example sentences
- The cafe and lounge overlook the largest space in the building, a gymnasium used for both sporting and social events, which opens to a paved terrace on the west side.
- Success with that endeavor has led the company to commission artists for a number of world-class sporting events, including the Olympics, each year the games are held.
- Encourage your customers to bring in additional items relating to the shadowbox such as a golf tee, score card, ticket to a sporting event, a baseball hat or an autographed photo with a sports celebrity.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.