adj (-tier, -tiest)
- 1.1 [person] deportista, aficionado a los deportesMore example sentences1.2 [trousers/clothes/attire] deportivo
More example sentences1.3 [Auto] deportivo
- Geeky Brett lusts after wholesome blonde Samantha, who's dating sporty jock Cody.
- The Women is the story of nice girl Mary Haines (played by Norma Shearer), sporty and straightforward, who loses her husband to shop-girl vamp Crystal Allen, a red-lipped, black-eyed Joan Crawford.
- All women are affected by judgement - the ‘non conformist’, ‘the sporty chick’, ‘the brainy girl’, it's everyone.
More example sentences
- The atmosphere was relaxed and deceptively informal, with low-key lighting and dancers wearing socklets and casually sporty costumes of muted blue.
- This sporty red knit hat comes emblazoned with the Life Aquatic insignia, while the tight, skimpy blue bathing suit leaves little to the imagination.
- Daniel isn't championing a slacker ethos so much as he's narrowing his focus on the marginalized and underpaid, the people who don't wear designer suits or drive sporty new showroom cars.
- This is a 2002 Thunderbird: sporty and powerful, so beautiful in design and execution that queuing for it seems rational.
- He sped me out to the site in his sporty ground-hugging convertible, but, once there, we could scarcely find a familiar face.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.