Translation of sprawl in Spanish:
- 1.1(person)he was sprawling all over the sofa
sentarse ( or tumbarse etc) de forma poco elegante or [colloquial] todo despatarradoestaba tumbado en el sofá todo despatarrado [colloquial]he sent him sprawling with one punchExample sentences1.2 (city/town/vine)to sprawl
- A second corpse already lay sprawled at the policeman's boots.
- Out on the desert white figures lay sprawled dead and dying.
- The story ends with both lying together sprawled on a bed, as ‘Figures, waiting to be arranged’.
across/ oversomethingextenderseher large handwriting sprawled across the page poralgosu letra de trazos grandes y desgarbados cubría la página
- 1.1 uncountable (of built-up area)Example sentences1.2 (of person) (no plural) she lay on the bed in a sprawl
estaba toda despatarrada en la cama [colloquial]he fell in a sprawlcayó cuan largo era
- Many architecture critics go beyond opinion about the aesthetics of individual buildings, including reporting on sprawl and urban development.
- Urban sprawl is taxing the city's infrastructure; local authorities have identified some $3 billion in much-needed transportation improvements.
- Urban sprawl and chaos create many planning problems.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.