Translation of sprawl in Spanish:
- 1 (person)sentarse ( or tumbarse etc. ) de forma poco elegantesentarse ( or tumbarse etc. ) todo despatarrado [colloquial]he was sprawling all over the sofaestaba tumbado en el sofá todo despatarrado [colloquial]he sent him sprawling with one punchExample sentences
- A second corpse already lay sprawled at the policeman's boots.
- Out on the desert white figures lay sprawled dead and dying.
- The story ends with both lying together sprawled on a bed, as ‘Figures, waiting to be arranged’.
- 1 uncountable (of built-up area)Example sentences
- Many architecture critics go beyond opinion about the aesthetics of individual buildings, including reporting on sprawl and urban development.
- Urban sprawl is taxing the city's infrastructure; local authorities have identified some $3 billion in much-needed transportation improvements.
- Urban sprawl and chaos create many planning problems.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.