- 1 uncountable or countable (fine drops)Example sentences
- A fine spray of medicine in liquid form then shoots out the front at 520 miles per hour.
- The white of the paper looks as though it has been pushed into the liquid spray of charcoal.
- It sees storm clouds torn from their moorings and smashed against the ground with a minutely escalating, hissing swirl of arterial spray, then morphing into a jackhammer pulse.
- 2 (act) (no plural)rociada (feminine)(of crops etc)(with insecticide) fumigación (feminine)(for irrigation) riego (masculine) por aspersiónExample sentences
- They used a barrel washer to remove most of the soil from their carrots, followed by a power washer spray as a final rinse.
- However, most calculations can be done once per year; there is no need to recalculate for every spray.
- A high-tech car wash (all spray, no brush) aims to become the Starbucks of drive through suds.
- 3 countable (liquid in spray form)(before noun) (deodorant/polish)
en atomizadorExample sentences
- Blood flows as easy as ant spray at the Tavern, but in a really squeamish, sickening way.
- It also comes as a disinfectant spray and as a liquid cleaner.
- Geisel, who had sold bug spray and motor oil through humor was the prefect recruit for this task.
- 4 (implement)Example sentences
- They stock a comprehensive selection of acid-free items, from photograph albums and storage boxes to deacidification sprays.
- So basically, if this one goes into deployment, what you're going to have is a bunch of soldiers with a whole load of bees in a jar and a little spray.
- In addition to sprays, dust bags can be used for lice control.
aplicar con atomizador(paint)she sprayed a little perfume on her wrists
aplicar con pistola pulverizadorase puso or se echó un poco de perfume en las muñecasExample sentences
- It was just jiggled and had water being sprayed on it for rain.
- He sprays a huge water gun at dead pigs, to dissolve their blood clots.
- In comparison to spraying water only, all drift retardants tested reduced volume of portion of small droplets in the spray but at varying magnitudes.
- 2(plants)spray the affected area twice daily
rociar (con atomizador)pulverizar sobre la zona afectada dos veces al díato spray the fruit trees with insecticidefumigar los árboles frutales con insecticidathey sprayed the car with bulletsacribillaron el coche a balazosExample sentences
- He intermixes shots of neon-lit signs with glossy images of models blithely spraying themselves with perfume.
- Standing on a chair, fully dressed, he sprayed his head and upper body with shaving lather, dowsed himself with rice, and then plunged into a washtub.
- Scott had not warned the cast what would happen when the creature burst from John Hurt's chest - that they would all be sprayed with pig's blood - because he wanted their reactions to be real.
- (liquid)the mud sprayed out from under the wheels
rociarlas ruedas lo salpicaban todo de barrobe careful it doesn't spray all over the place!¡ten cuidado de no rociarlo todo!Example sentences
- The water domes were to make musical sounds as the water sprayed.
- Damage ensues, with water leaking in and spraying about.
- There are no punters, just about a dozen staff circulating amiably: spraying, wiping, tightening, bantering.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.