- 1.1 u and c (fine drops) rocío (masculine) 1.2 (act) (no plural/sin plural) rociada (feminine); (of crops etc — with insecticide) fumigación (feminine); (— for irrigation) riego (masculine) por aspersión 1.3 countable/numerable (liquid in spray form) espray (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [deodorant/polish] en aerosol, en espray, en atomizador 1.4 (implement) rociador (masculine)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [liquid] pulverizar*, aplicar* con atomizador; [paint] aplicar* con pistola pulverizadora she sprayed a little perfume on her wrists se puso or se echó un poco de perfume en las muñecasExample sentences1.2 [plants] rociar* ([ con atomizador ]) spray the affected area twice daily pulverizar* sobre la zona afectada dos veces al día to spray the fruit trees with insecticide fumigar* los árboles frutales con insecticida they sprayed the car with bullets acribillaron el coche a balazos
- It was just jiggled and had water being sprayed on it for rain.
- He sprays a huge water gun at dead pigs, to dissolve their blood clots.
- In comparison to spraying water only, all drift retardants tested reduced volume of portion of small droplets in the spray but at varying magnitudes.
- He intermixes shots of neon-lit signs with glossy images of models blithely spraying themselves with perfume.
- Standing on a chair, fully dressed, he sprayed his head and upper body with shaving lather, dowsed himself with rice, and then plunged into a washtub.
- Scott had not warned the cast what would happen when the creature burst from John Hurt's chest - that they would all be sprayed with pig's blood - because he wanted their reactions to be real.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [liquid] rociar* the mud sprayed out from under the wheels las ruedas lo salpicaban todo de barro be careful it doesn't spray all over the place! ¡ten cuidado de no rociarlo todo!Example sentences
- The water domes were to make musical sounds as the water sprayed.
- Damage ensues, with water leaking in and spraying about.
- There are no punters, just about a dozen staff circulating amiably: spraying, wiping, tightening, bantering.