Translation of springboard in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Sport) (before noun) springboard divespringboard diversalto (masculine) de trampolínclavadista (masculine and feminine) de trampolín (Latin America)Example sentences1.2 (point of departure) this post is just a springboard to higher things
este puesto no es más que un trampolín para escalar posicionesExample sentences
- Last night I was watching some rather odd ‘synchronised diving’, where two blokes jumped off a springboard at the same time and then were marked by a panel of judges.
- Without a warm up, or even adjusting the setting of the springboard, she ran down the runway and performed a Tsukhara, a vault that few women were capable of at the time.
- On her second vault, her right foot missed the springboard and she crashed into and over the vault.
- Innovative economies and societies place a high value on science, research, and creativity as springboards for growth and development.
- But dollar weakness should provide the springboard for an export-led recovery in US manufacturing in due course.
- The project will also act as a springboard for other initiatives that help to promote integration of non-nationals within the local community.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.