- 1.1 [Sport/Deporte] trampolín (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) springboard dive salto (masculine) de trampolín springboard diver saltador, (m,f) de trampolín, clavadista (mf) de trampolín (Latin America/América Latina)More example sentences1.2 (point of departure) trampolín (masculine) this post is just a springboard to higher things este puesto no es más que un trampolín para escalar posiciones
More example sentences
- Last night I was watching some rather odd ‘synchronised diving’, where two blokes jumped off a springboard at the same time and then were marked by a panel of judges.
- Without a warm up, or even adjusting the setting of the springboard, she ran down the runway and performed a Tsukhara, a vault that few women were capable of at the time.
- On her second vault, her right foot missed the springboard and she crashed into and over the vault.
- Innovative economies and societies place a high value on science, research, and creativity as springboards for growth and development.
- But dollar weakness should provide the springboard for an export-led recovery in US manufacturing in due course.
- The project will also act as a springboard for other initiatives that help to promote integration of non-nationals within the local community.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.