adj (-gier, -giest)
- [mattress/grass] mullido; [floor] elástico; [step] ágil, ligeroMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The grounds in Australia are far bigger than here and the short springy turf makes for a very different, faster game.
- It was a dry day and the turf was springy and good to ride on.
- Deer cropped the springy turf beside us, so close we could hear every snuffle and chomp.
- He appeared to weigh somewhere between one-ten and one-thirty, with muscular limbs and a light, springy step.
- A virtuoso soubrette dancer noted for her light, springy jumps, strong feet, and sunny disposition, she was a favourite of Ashton's.
- I saw a company marching along the street, and noticed that they move with a quick, springy step, that enables them to cover ground quickly.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)