Translation of springy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-gier, -giest)
- [mattress/grass] mullido; [floor] elástico; [step] ágil, ligeroExample sentences
- The grounds in Australia are far bigger than here and the short springy turf makes for a very different, faster game.
- It was a dry day and the turf was springy and good to ride on.
- Deer cropped the springy turf beside us, so close we could hear every snuffle and chomp.
- He appeared to weigh somewhere between one-ten and one-thirty, with muscular limbs and a light, springy step.
- A virtuoso soubrette dancer noted for her light, springy jumps, strong feet, and sunny disposition, she was a favourite of Ashton's.
- I saw a company marching along the street, and noticed that they move with a quick, springy step, that enables them to cover ground quickly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.