Translation of sprinkler in Spanish:
- 1.1 (on hose)(for sugar, salt, flour) espolvoreador (masculine)(on shower, watering can) (British English)
regadera (feminine) (Colombia) (Mexico) (Venezuela)
flor (feminine) (River Plate area)Example sentences1.2
also: garden sprinkler1.3 (for firefighting) (usually plural) (before noun) sprinkler systemsistema (masculine) de rociadoresExample sentences
- There was a water sprinkler to wash down the streets after the market.
- Irrigators are responsible for the costs of all on-farm irrigation equipment such as pipes and sprinklers.
- The main method of irrigation for peanuts is overhead sprinklers.
- He also admitted that Bedfordshire Fire Service had recommended sprinklers be used at the centre.
- The fire alarm deploys a curtain covering the paintings, and then activates the sprinklers.
- A senior fire officer in charge of the incident had ordered sprinklers at the premises to be turned off.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.