Translation of sprinkler in Spanish:
- 1.1 (on hose) aspersor (masculine), válvula (feminine); (for sugar, salt, flour) espolvoreador (masculine); (on shower, watering can) (British English/inglés británico) roseta (feminine), alcachofa (feminine), regadera (feminine) (Colombia) (Mexico/México) (Venezuela) , flor (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences1.2
(garden sprinkler)aspersor (masculine) 1.3 (for firefighting) (usually plural/generalmente en plural) rociador (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) sprinkler system sistema (masculine) de rociadoresExample sentences
- There was a water sprinkler to wash down the streets after the market.
- Irrigators are responsible for the costs of all on-farm irrigation equipment such as pipes and sprinklers.
- The main method of irrigation for peanuts is overhead sprinklers.
- He also admitted that Bedfordshire Fire Service had recommended sprinklers be used at the centre.
- The fire alarm deploys a curtain covering the paintings, and then activates the sprinklers.
- A senior fire officer in charge of the incident had ordered sprinklers at the premises to be turned off.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.