Translation of sprinkler in Spanish:
- 1.1 (on hose) aspersor (masculine), válvula (feminine); (for sugar, salt, flour) espolvoreador (masculine); (on shower, watering can) (British English/inglés británico) roseta (feminine), alcachofa (feminine), regadera (feminine) (Colombia) (Mexico/México) (Venezuela) , flor (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)Example sentences1.2
(garden sprinkler)aspersor (masculine) 1.3 (for firefighting) (usually plural/generalmente en plural) rociador (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) sprinkler system sistema (masculine) de rociadoresExample sentences
- There was a water sprinkler to wash down the streets after the market.
- Irrigators are responsible for the costs of all on-farm irrigation equipment such as pipes and sprinklers.
- The main method of irrigation for peanuts is overhead sprinklers.
- He also admitted that Bedfordshire Fire Service had recommended sprinklers be used at the centre.
- The fire alarm deploys a curtain covering the paintings, and then activates the sprinklers.
- A senior fire officer in charge of the incident had ordered sprinklers at the premises to be turned off.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the