- 1.1 (on hose) aspersor (m), válvula (f); (for sugar, salt, flour) espolvoreador (m); (on shower, watering can) (BrE) roseta (f), alcachofa (f), regadera (f) (Col, Méx, Ven) , flor (f) (RPl)More example sentences1.2
(garden sprinkler)aspersor (m) 1.3 (for firefighting) (usu pl) rociador (m) (before n) sprinkler system sistema (m) de rociadoresMore example sentences
- There was a water sprinkler to wash down the streets after the market.
- Irrigators are responsible for the costs of all on-farm irrigation equipment such as pipes and sprinklers.
- The main method of irrigation for peanuts is overhead sprinklers.
- He also admitted that Bedfordshire Fire Service had recommended sprinklers be used at the centre.
- The fire alarm deploys a curtain covering the paintings, and then activates the sprinklers.
- A senior fire officer in charge of the incident had ordered sprinklers at the premises to be turned off.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)