- 1.1 (on hose) aspersor (m), válvula (f); (for sugar, salt, flour) espolvoreador (m); (on shower, watering can) (BrE) roseta (f), alcachofa (f), regadera (f) (Col, Méx, Ven) , flor (f) (RPl)More example sentences1.2
(garden sprinkler)aspersor (m) 1.3 (for firefighting) (usu pl) rociador (m) (before n) sprinkler system sistema (m) de rociadoresMore example sentences
- There was a water sprinkler to wash down the streets after the market.
- Irrigators are responsible for the costs of all on-farm irrigation equipment such as pipes and sprinklers.
- The main method of irrigation for peanuts is overhead sprinklers.
- He also admitted that Bedfordshire Fire Service had recommended sprinklers be used at the centre.
- The fire alarm deploys a curtain covering the paintings, and then activates the sprinklers.
- A senior fire officer in charge of the incident had ordered sprinklers at the premises to be turned off.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.