- 1.1 (on hose) aspersor (m), válvula (f); (for sugar, salt, flour) espolvoreador (m); (on shower, watering can) (British English/inglés británico) roseta (f), alcachofa (f), regadera (f) (Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela/Colombia, México, Venezuela) , flor (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)More example sentences1.2
(garden sprinkler)aspersor (masculine) 1.3 (for firefighting) (usually plural/generalmente en plural) rociador (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) sprinkler system sistema (masculine) de rociadoresMore example sentences
- There was a water sprinkler to wash down the streets after the market.
- Irrigators are responsible for the costs of all on-farm irrigation equipment such as pipes and sprinklers.
- The main method of irrigation for peanuts is overhead sprinklers.
- He also admitted that Bedfordshire Fire Service had recommended sprinklers be used at the centre.
- The fire alarm deploys a curtain covering the paintings, and then activates the sprinklers.
- A senior fire officer in charge of the incident had ordered sprinklers at the premises to be turned off.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.