Translation of sprout in Spanish:
- (leaves/shoots)the plant's sprouting new shoots
echarla planta está echando retoños or está retoñandoit's sprouting hornsle están saliendo cuernosa part of town which is always sprouting new restaurantsuna parte de la ciudad en la que surgen restaurantes como hongosExample sentences
- The spokesman added that many sportsmen sprouted facial hair and wore their hair long in the 1970s.
- She looked at me as if I'd sprouted purple hair.
- Beech is usually quite amenable to hard cutting back, as long as it gets plenty of light it will quickly sprout new shoots from the older wood.
- 1.1 (Botany)(plant)
Example sentences1.2 (appear, spring up)
- The two blueberry bushes are sprouting and I've watered them a little bit.
- Some species will sprout right away; others could take a year or more to grow.
- Only a small percentage from each weed species sprouts each year.
- With the first rains, leaves sprout on trees and bushes and the savannah grass grows to several yards within a few months.
- The leafy stems sprout from the underground tuberous roots in early spring.
- Wild plants and flowers sprouted all over the place, creeping up the trees.
surgir or aparecer (como hongos)Example sentences
- Across the country, smarter, better-planned, more walkable developments are sprouting up without sprawling out.
- There is no way they can keep investment excitement from sprouting up all over the world.
- Becoming an industry leader requires more than sprouting locations across the country.
- 1 (new growth)Example sentences
- When buying garlic, look for firm heads with papery skins, and avoid any with green sprouts.
- From the ground, green sprouts start to appear through the cracks in the brickwork.
- It's as easy to grow as green onions - just push the cloves down into the soil and in a few weeks, you'll have sprouts poking through.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.