Translation of spurt in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of speed, activity) she works in spurts trabaja por rachas a final spurt won him the race con un esfuerzo or (e)sprint final, ganó la carrera to put on a spurt acelerar, pisar el acelerador 1.2 (jet) chorro (masculine) spurts of flame llamaradas (feminine plural) (de fuego)Example sentences
- A sudden spurt of blood erupted from my nose, covering my white T-shirt in blood.
- I could see clearly the spurt of blood that gushed out on to his ear and dripped down his cheek.
- She choked, coughing up thin spurts of blood.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [runner] acelerar 1.2 [liquid/steam] salir* a chorros
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [liquid] escupir
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.