Translation of spurt in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of speed, activity) she works in spurts trabaja por rachas a final spurt won him the race con un esfuerzo or (e)sprint final, ganó la carrera to put on a spurt acelerar, pisar el acelerador 1.2 (jet) chorro (masculine) spurts of flame llamaradas (feminine plural) (de fuego)Example sentences
- A sudden spurt of blood erupted from my nose, covering my white T-shirt in blood.
- I could see clearly the spurt of blood that gushed out on to his ear and dripped down his cheek.
- She choked, coughing up thin spurts of blood.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [runner] acelerar 1.2 [liquid/steam] salir* a chorros
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [liquid] escupir
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a