Translation of spy in Spanish:
noun plural spies
intransitive verb spies, spying, spied
- 1.1 (watch secretly) to spy
onsomebodyespiar a alguienhe used to spy on themsolía espiarlos1.2 (work as spy) he spied for both sidesespiaba para ambos bandosto spy onsomething/somebodyespiar algo/a alguienExample sentences
- The Army has charged him with five offenses: sedition, aiding the enemy, spying, espionage and failure to obey a general order.
- If they are spying for a commercial competitor, the situation is different.
- The charges against them have been dropped from spying to ‘illegal information collection’, although the new charge still carries a possible jail sentence.
- He often spied on her, watching from the shadows, observing her every gesture.
- A reporter has been arrested outside the home of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie for spying on the star couple with binoculars..
- To pass the time, he spies on his neighbours, watching the real-life soap opera in the building across from his.
transitive verb spies, spying, spied
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.