Translation of squad in Spanish:
- 1 (Military)Example sentences
- Surprised to be given a presidential pardon six years later, he is unaware that the CIA pressed for his release so as to enable other countries' assassination squads to eliminate him.
- These paramilitary squads might engage in assassinations or kidnappings.
- The agreement was that we all would go out in squads, search for things we would need, and hurry back to what we would now call the underground house, the safehouse.
- Operated by a crew of three, the vehicle can carry a squad of seven infantry troops.
- You barely know where you are, much less where your three platoons and associated infantry squads are located.
- The marines are beginning to train their infantry squads to operate more independently.
- 2 (of policemen) death squad drug o narcotics squadbrigada (feminine) antidroga or de estupefacientesExample sentences
- After being arrested they were both questioned by the island's serious crime squad then released on police bail.
- It is used by all 48 UK police forces as well as Customs and Excise, Interpol and serious crime squads across Europe and the US.
- Police Forensics squads are dusting the area for fingerprints.
- 3 (Sport)Example sentences
- We have a lot of young players in the squad who will be better by the time the European Championships come round.
- We have some quality players in our squad who will not be afraid of the big games having played in England and throughout Europe.
- With so many new players in the squad Reynolds sees this short tour as essential in the build up to the coming season.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.