Translation of squeak in Spanish:
- 1 (of animal, person)(of hinge, pen) chirrido (masculine)(of shoes) crujido (masculine)to give o let out a squeakpegar un chillidoany messages from New York? — not a squeak¿algún mensaje de Nueva York? — ni una palabra¿algún mensaje de Nueva York? — ni pío [colloquial]I don't want to hear a squeak out of anyone [colloquial] [humorous]no quiero que se oiga ni el vuelo de una moscaExample sentences
- ‘I wasn't aware dinner had been served,’ I replied my voice sounding like a squeak when it came out.
- Grover Norquist, on the other hand, speaks like a man who had all the delight squeezed out of him years ago, leaving him with nothing in his voice but a high-pitched squeak of disdain.
- It made short purring sounds, mixed with squeaks, then it vanished.
- 2 (escape) [colloquial]a narrow o ( (American English) also) close squeakwe got there in time, but it was a narrow squeakllegamos a tiempo, pero por un pelo or por los pelos [colloquial]she's never actually had an accident, but she's had several narrow squeaksnunca ha llegado a tener un accidente pero se ha salvado por un pelo or por los pelos varias veces [colloquial]Example sentences
- Still, even while driving in and out of Irish potholes, you'll hear no squeak or feel no squirm from the structure or fittings.
- And have we heard a squeak from the director with the verbal incontinence?
- Now, we have been blessed with a good summer and very few people are saying squeak.
- At the sound of the door squeaking slowly open, both of us rose and turned to face it.
- Just then, the sound of keys and the front door squeaking open met our ears.
- The floors had stopped squeaking, and there was the sound of someone walking on the boards that didn't squeak.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.