Translation of squeal in Spanish:
- 1 (make noise)(person/animal)
- Most of the girls around us squealed with delight, but I shivered and chills sprang up on my body - I had been the intended recipient of that wave.
- The girls squealed with delight as they each grabbed a slice greedily.
- The three girls squealed in delight and began talking excitedly.
- 2 (inform) [colloquial] to squeal
onsomebodydelatar a alguien
sapear a alguien (Venezuela) [colloquial]Example sentences
- She squeals in protest, and tries to push him off.
- He jumped, spun clear around in mid-air and took off running in the other direction, squealing in protest and fright.
- Rynn lowered her head and nudged the small creature gently, but she caught him off guard and he fell over, squealing in protest.
- He begins, squealing on the bigger boys anyway.
- His editor would not challenge and tolerate him, the various and sundry contacts and stoolies would not squeal to him.
- ‘The reporter never squealed, but he never went to jail, either,’ Janensch writes.
- (of animal)(of brakes, tires) chirrido (masculine)with squeals of laughter/delightcon carcajadas/gritos or chillidos de regocijosqueals of protest squeals of paingritos or chillidos or alaridos de dolorExample sentences
- We used the double-pulsed ESPI technique to investigate a brake that had a noise squeal at 5.92 kHz.
- Funniest of all, though, is the opening squeal of computer noise nonsense that momentarily almost passes for a new Radiohead composition in itself.
- The children shot in like missiles, the cliffs around echoing with squeals and splashes and Crocodile Dundee-style ‘coo-eees’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.