Translation of squeal in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (make noise) [person/animal] chillar; [brakes/tires] chirriar*, rechinarExample sentences1.2 (inform) [colloquial/familiar] cantar [colloquial/familiar], chivarse (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], sapear (Venezuela) [colloquial/familiar] to squeal
- Most of the girls around us squealed with delight, but I shivered and chills sprang up on my body - I had been the intended recipient of that wave.
- The girls squealed with delight as they each grabbed a slice greedily.
- The three girls squealed in delight and began talking excitedly.
onsb delatar a algn, sapear a algn (Venezuela) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.3 (protest) chillar, quejarse
- He begins, squealing on the bigger boys anyway.
- His editor would not challenge and tolerate him, the various and sundry contacts and stoolies would not squeal to him.
- ‘The reporter never squealed, but he never went to jail, either,’ Janensch writes.
- She squeals in protest, and tries to push him off.
- He jumped, spun clear around in mid-air and took off running in the other direction, squealing in protest and fright.
- Rynn lowered her head and nudged the small creature gently, but she caught him off guard and he fell over, squealing in protest.
- (of animal) chillido (masculine); (of person) grito (masculine), chillido (masculine); (of brakes, tires) chirrido (masculine) with squeals of laughter/delight con carcajadas/gritos or chillidos de regocijo squeals of protest gritos de protesta squeals of pain gritos or chillidos or alaridos de dolor
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the