Translation of squelch in Spanish:
- (shoes/hooves) (hacer un ruido como de succión)they went squelching through the mudiban chapoteando por el barroExample sentences
- In a nearby part of the forest, a tall figure dashed confidently through the winding trees, the soft earth squelching slightly beneath his feet.
- The horses' hooves squelched in the muck of the roadway as they crossed to the south end where a faint light glimmered past the edge of the last house.
- Griffith had abandoned his own horse and was in the midst of walking towards him, his expression one of careful curiosity tinged with concern, his tall black boots spotted with muck as long grass squelched under his feet.
- (person)bajarle los humos aExample sentences
- But the BCFL and the social-democratic NDP have squelched even a protest campaign against the government.
- Johnny, however, knowing how Jelly couldn't keep a secret, just gave him a look that squelched any further protests.
- The security police quickly squelched an extremely rare public demonstration demanding political reform on Monday, the 41st anniversary of the Baath Party's seizure of power here.
- 1 (noise)(ruido como de succión)Example sentences
- The concrete under foot was cold and unpleasantly damp, with intermittent soft squelches and sharp jabs.
- A soft squelch from the other side of the tree caught his attention, he peered round.
- Actually, for most of the time the path was sound, except for spring-fed squelches.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.