adjective -bler, -blest
- 1.1 (firm, steady)(relationship/government)
estable(economy/currency)the patient's condition is stable
estableel estado del paciente es estacionarioExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Psychology)
- All those recent results suggest a flexibility of the backbone conformational structure and several stable configurations are proposed and debated.
- It is very important to make sure the three legs are firmly locked into place and the whole structure is stable.
- Among the possible geometries, tetraplexes are very stable structures in which the four strands are held together via repetitive guanine tetrads.
Example sentences1.3 (Chemistry, Physics)
- If I need to prove myself to you, then I will: Scott and I have been in a stable relationship for six years - and legally married for the last year and a half.
- Furthermore, as Blackboard is an established, stable system, we experienced few, if any, technical difficulties.
- Vector lengths are short in lodgepole pine and red fir-western white pine forests indicating that these forest groups are compositionally stable.
- Let's just say that for me, now, the world is a somehow colder but far more reliable, sane, and stable place than it was before.
- Liberal societies are sane, tolerant, stable, pluralistic and therefore well behaved.
- And I felt completely trapped because I had to be sensible and responsible and stable.
- Davy had developed a technique by which unusually stable compounds could be decomposed into their constituent elements.
- Eventually the matter is stable and no longer radioactive.
- Soy oil polymers must be heated to over 400°C before they degrade, making them more thermally stable than polyethylene or polystyrene.
- 1 (building) (often plural) (for horses)(for other livestock) establo (masculine)Jesus was born in a stableJesús nació en un pesebre or establothe Augean stables (before noun) stable boy o lad/girlmozo (masculine) /moza (feminine) de cuadra→ door 1
- 2 (training establishment) another movie from the same stable as …otra película de la productora de …Example sentences
- There are many cases where one model from a given automaker is outstanding when it comes to instrumentation and yet another product from the same stable can be less than ideal.
- Diageo, on the other hand, plans to add the product to its own stable.
- Curious heads walked into the campus to check out what was to unfold from the stables of the School of Commerce and International Business.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.