- 1 1.1 (as group) (+ sing o pl vb) personal (m) our staff is o are at your service nuestro personal está a su servicio the teaching staff el personal docente, el profesorado the editorial staff los redactores, la redacción a member of staff un empleado she has been on the staff for years hace años que forma parte del personal or de la planta or (Esp) de la plantilla he joined the staff in May se incorporó al personal or (Esp tb) a la plantilla en mayo (before n) staff association asociación (f) de empleados staff canteen cantina (f) or comedor (m) or (Chi) casino (m) del personal staff discount descuento (m) para el personal staff meeting [Educ] reunión (f) de profesores staff training formación (f) or capacitación (f) del personal 1.2 (as individuals) (BrE)(pl staff) (+ pl vb)empleados (mpl) some staff are unhappy about the changes algunos (de los) empleados no están contentos con los cambios 1.3 [Mil] (+ sing o pl vb) Estado (m) Mayor; (before n) [officer] del Estado Mayor
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.
- [department/school/shop] proveer* or dotar de personal the restaurant is very well staffed el restaurante está muy bien provisto de personalMore example sentences
- Dr Anthony made it clear that the unit was fully staffed by a team of highly competent specialists.
- Our shops were mostly small family businesses, owned and staffed by Scots.
- The Centre is staffed by trained volunteers who are available to meet all callers.