Translation of staff in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (as group) (+ singular or plural verb) our staff is o are at your servicenuestro personal está a su serviciothe teaching staffel personal docentethe editorial staff
el profesoradolos redactoresa member of staff
la redacciónun empleadoshe has been on the staff for yearshace años que forma parte del personal or de la planta or (Spain) de la plantillahe joined the staff in Mayse incorporó al personal or ( (Spain) tb) a la plantilla en mayostaff meeting (School)reunión (feminine) de profesoresstaff trainingformación (feminine) del personal1.2 (as individuals) (British English)
capacitación (feminine) del personalplural staff (+ plural verb)empleados (masculine plural)some staff are unhappy about the changesalgunos (de los) empleados no están contentos con los cambios1.3 (Military) (+ sing o pl vb)(before noun) (officer)
del Estado Mayor
- 3 (Music) → stave 2
- (department/school/shop)the restaurant is very well staffed
proveer or dotar de personalel restaurante está muy bien provisto de personalExample sentences
- Dr Anthony made it clear that the unit was fully staffed by a team of highly competent specialists.
- Our shops were mostly small family businesses, owned and staffed by Scots.
- The Centre is staffed by trained volunteers who are available to meet all callers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.