Translation of stale in Spanish:
adjective staler, stalest
añejo [colloquial](hard) duro(butter/cheese)
- Sometimes the dough is stale and impossible to roll out.
- Breakfast is always the same: instant oatmeal, coffee, and stale biscuits.
- The next morning, our hopes were further smothered as our complimentary ‘breakfast’ consisted of a stale bun and a cup of milk.
- 2 (hackneyed)(ideas)
- Youthful energy can make stale old artistic endeavours exciting.
- Indoor gardens can transform a stale room into a vibrant living space.
- He quotes five passages of bad English, in all of which he finds two common qualities: stale imagery and lack of precision.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.