Translation of stalking horse in Spanish:
- 1.1 (pretext) pretexto (masculine)Example sentences1.2 [Politics/Política][ candidato presentado para favorecer a otro, dividir a la oposición etc ]
- But nowadays movie production isn't so much a racket as a stalking horse for the real business of producing videos and cable TV rights.
- He doesn't seem too ruffled that he doesn't have the subpoena power, but he may be able to use these other panels who do have subpoena power as sort of stalking horses, and, eventually, there may be some pooling of information.
- Referring to the application for an incinerator in Ringaskiddy, Co Cork, Mr Boyle said objectors feared the Meath incinerator was only a stalking horse for a far bigger incinerator in Cork.
- Last night party sources suggested a stalking horse candidate with little chance of winning could declare by July, drawing out other heavyweight figures who would not wish to be seen to be ‘wielding the dagger’.
- Some have charged that he is a political partisan - a stalking horse for Democrats.
- The claim that she is acting as a stalking horse for the party is at once hysterical and far-fetched.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the