Translation of stalwart in Spanish:
- 1.1 [supporter] incondicional, fiel; [faith] inquebrantableExample sentences1.2 (in body) fornido, robusto
- So far, stalwart consumers, a solid housing sector, and stimulative government policies give reasons for optimism.
- York's defence was stalwart and the forwards worked themselves to exhaustion to keep their lead.
- Mr Fallows was a stalwart committee member whose name appeared year after year on the trophies, and the Horticultural Society Committee will be meeting shortly to decide upon some form of permanent memorial to him.
- Erwin was as stalwart and powerful as always, and with him came his wife and their sons.
- The wanderer ventured forth into the eternal pass of cragged rock, worn with lines of age, yet stalwart and strong with thick trunks of stone bolstering the walls.
- However, when ethnologists from the Smithsonian Institute visited the Quinault later in the century, they found a robust and stalwart people.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.