Translation of standard in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (level)(quality) calidad (feminine)your typing is not of the required standardtu mecanografía no está al nivel de lo que se exigethe standard of acting was disappointingel nivel interpretativo fue decepcionantethe standard of education leaves much to be desiredla calidad de la educación deja mucho que desearher work is of a consistently high standardsu trabajo es siempre de muy buen nivelI was appalled at their standard(s) of behavior
la calidad de su trabajo es siempre muy altasu comportamiento me horrorizóstandard of livingnivel (masculine) or estándar (masculine) de vida1.2 (norm) the association sets standards for the conduct of its membersla asociación impone ciertas normas de conducta a sus miembrosthe standard(s) set by her parentslo que sus padres le exigen or esperan de ellashe sets impossibly high standardsexige un estándar or nivel imposible de alcanzarher work is not up to the standard set by …su trabajo no está a la altura or al nivel de lo exigido por …the product was below standardel producto no era de la calidad requeridathe work is up to standardel trabajo es del nivel requerido or de la calidad requeridaExample sentences1.3 (official measure)
- Another feature of this bill is the implicit incentive to maintain a required level of safety standards.
- These goggles meet the applicable safety standards and requirements.
- All areas of learning were marked good quality and met the standards required.
- 2 2.1 (yardstick) they are applying 20th-century standards to the 16th centuryestán aplicando criterios or parámetros del siglo XX al siglo XVIthe attacks have been brutal even by Mafia standardsincluso para la mafia, los ataques han sido brutalesher performance was excellent by any o anybody's standardsse mire por donde se mire or desde cualquier punto de vista su interpretación fue excelente2.2also: standards plural(moral principles)principios (masculine plural)she talks of declining standards in society at largehabla de decadencia moral en la sociedad en generalExample sentences
- It has been a bad week for those of us who believe that people in positions of power and influence are governed by the same standards of decency and integrity with which we conduct our own lives.
- Society is creating an underclass without standards, principles or decency, but nobody seems to recognise this, let alone be doing anything about it.
- Victory implies doing what is right; doing what is right implies morality; morality implies standards of conduct.
- Compared to world standards, our Indian norms are quite strict.
- If it was measured by today's standards, it would qualify as a great fight.
- It manages to be both an industry standard, and a daring departure from the norm.
- 3 (flag, emblem)Example sentences
- Sir Marcus Worsley gave a tribute to the Queen Mother and members of the Malton and Norton branch of the Royal British Legion carried a standard.
- A single-headed eagle, grasping a swastika, was carried on German flags and standards between 1933 and 1945.
- Led by a military band and with standards flying, they march onto the town square.
- 4 4.1 (Botany)(planta podada de manera tal que el tallo central crece erecto y desprovisto de ramas)4.2 (upright support)Example sentences
- This paradise, five miles from the standard at Cornhill.
- Of the soft fruits, gooseberries and redcurrants can be left as a bush or grown as a standard.
- She trains this fast-growing shrub as a standard, sending the blooms up rather than out.
- Pineapple Beauty, which has yellow-green leaves that turn gold, is one of the taller varieties and can be trained as a standard.
- On Talkback Gardening, local rose expert, Dean Stringer, explained the finer points of pruning a bush rose and a standard.
- 5 (Music) a jazz standardun clásico del jazzExample sentences
- A lot of songs go country-western; others take on the form of jazz standards and bossa nova pop.
- Naylor likes to sing a jazz standard over a rock instrumental, or vice versa.
- Renditions of blues standards are played in a late '60s style of rock.
- 1 (normal) (model)(Cars)
estándar invariable adjective
de serie(procedure)the food is pretty standard
habitualla comida es lo de siempre or no es nada del otro mundothis is standard on all modelsesto viene de serie en todos los modelosit's standard (practice) to ask for securitypedir garantías es la norma
se acostumbra or se suele pedir garantías
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.