Translation of starch in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] almidón (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (starchy food) fécula (feminine), almidón (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (for clothes) almidón (masculine)
- The most important polysaccharides are starch, cellulose and glycogen.
- Starchy materials which contain more complex carbohydrates, including starch and insulin, require several steps before fermentation.
- The contents of protein, sugar, starch and lysine in maize plant are critical to maize quality.
- Vegetarians base their diet on four main food groups: starch, legumes, fruits and vegetables.
- Insulin is a hormone needed to convert sugar, starch and other foods into energy needed for daily life.
- If protein foods are eaten with starch, six or more hours are needed depending on the type of protein.
- A press cloth also prevents the build-up of fabric finishes and spray starch on the iron soleplate.
- A good sewing tip from Sharon is to use spray starch on the fabric.
- You'll need a good iron, a hard surface to iron on (preferably an ironing board), and some spray starch.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the