- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable [Chemistry/Química] almidón (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (starchy food) fécula (feminine), almidón (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (for clothes) almidón (masculine)
- The most important polysaccharides are starch, cellulose and glycogen.
- Starchy materials which contain more complex carbohydrates, including starch and insulin, require several steps before fermentation.
- The contents of protein, sugar, starch and lysine in maize plant are critical to maize quality.
More example sentences
- Vegetarians base their diet on four main food groups: starch, legumes, fruits and vegetables.
- Insulin is a hormone needed to convert sugar, starch and other foods into energy needed for daily life.
- If protein foods are eaten with starch, six or more hours are needed depending on the type of protein.
- A press cloth also prevents the build-up of fabric finishes and spray starch on the iron soleplate.
- A good sewing tip from Sharon is to use spray starch on the fabric.
- You'll need a good iron, a hard surface to iron on (preferably an ironing board), and some spray starch.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.