Translation of starter in Spanish:
- 1 (Cookery) for starters [colloquial]Example sentences
- Even at buffet dinners, it is advisable to stick to the usual schedule of salads, soups, starters, main course and dessert.
- It offered the usual salads, starters, cooked meals, wines and rakias as well as a decent selection of seafood dishes at very good prices.
- From finger foods and starters to main courses, pastry and puddings, he has produced a range of ingenious recipes to tempt even the most committed carnivore.
- 2 (Sport) 2.1 (official) 2.2 (competitor)participante (masculine and feminine)
competidor, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Worse still, every paper lists him as a definite starter in Sunday's game.
- Hold That Tiger is the only one of O'Brien's potential starters to have raced in the United States this year.
- Paraneck Stable's former classic starter Griffinite has been retired due to a slight ligament strain in his left front leg.
- ‘The starter held the race while the announcer told people I was retiring,’ said Hickman.
- As the starters signalled the first race a light rain signalled the wintry conditions at Munich's Olympic regatta course.
- Tarapore and Kapila even had the discomfiture of being fined five penalty points for jumping the starter's gun in the second race.
- 3 (person) he was a slow/late starter at schoolfue de desarrollo lento/tardío en el colegioExample sentences
- Also a serious Palme d' Or contender, Chunhyang is a slow starter.
- Despite the crowd's obvious enthusiasm, the gig was a slow starter.
- He may have been a slow starter, but lately O'Shea has been surging forward.
- 4 (Cars)Example sentences
- When you turn the ignition key, the starter motor spins the engine a few revolutions so that the combustion process can start.
- From the darkened bar from which I dictate this missive, I can hear the starter engines revving up!
- The difference is there is a helicopter starter engine that always keeps the turbo spinning at high revs, and hence the power.
- 5starter (culture) (Biology, Cookery)(cultivo de bacterias necesario para iniciar ciertos procesos de fermentación)Example sentences
- Then a starter culture of lactic streptococci and lactobacilli bacteria is added.
- The traditional process of cheesemaking ensues when the bacteria in the starter culture begin growing by fermenting the lactose in the milk into lactic acid.
- Fruit may contribute undesirable yeasts and bacteria to the yogurt, making it a poor starter culture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.