Translation of statement in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (declaration) declaración (feminine), afirmación (feminine) the poem was seen as a feminist/political statement se interpretó el poema como una proclama feminista/política I think he's trying to make some sort of statement with that hairstyle creo que quiere expresar algo con ese peinadoExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (to police, in court) declaración (feminine); (to press) declaración (feminine) to make a statement [Law/Derecho] prestar declaración a statement under oath [Law/Derecho] una declaración bajo juramento
Example sentences1.3 c and u (exposition) exposición (feminine)
- The report and the accompanying media release and other statements are here.
- The next day, she released a statement to the media that reaffirmed her testimony.
- ‘It will therefore serve a better purpose to issue official statements for media consumption,’ Bernama quoted him as saying.
Example sentences1.4 [Computing/Informática] instrucción (feminine), sentencia (feminine)
- A witness [H] made a statement to the police in which he says [A] admitted to him that he had given your brother heroin.
- The said witness gave a statement to the police as well as testimony at trial.
- I reported this to the police and I made a statement describing the events.
- It's not necessarily a warning, it's just a clear statement of fact and principle that we're going after them.
- We have his clear statements of specific actions to take to make this city a better place.
- The research questions are answered in sequential order, with a clear statement for each question.
- 2 countable/numerable (of accounts) informe (masculine) anual(bank statement)estado (masculine) or extracto (masculine) de cuentaExample sentences
- Always monitor your monthly billing statements and credit reports, and shred any documents that contain personal information.
- The only exception to this attitude would be that I do check my bank and credit card statements.
- Ms Smith wants to know how long should she keep her bank and credit card statements for.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.