- 1 1.1 countable/numerable (declaration) declaración (f), afirmación (f) official statement comunicado (masculine) oficial the poem was seen as a feminist/political statement se interpretó el poema como una proclama feminista/política I think he's trying to make some sort of statement with that hairstyle creo que quiere expresar algo con ese peinadoMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (to police, in court) declaración (f); (to press) declaración (f) to make a statement [Law/Derecho] prestar declaración a statement under oath [Law/Derecho] una declaración bajo juramento
More example sentences1.3 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable (exposition) exposición (feminine)
- The report and the accompanying media release and other statements are here.
- The next day, she released a statement to the media that reaffirmed her testimony.
- ‘It will therefore serve a better purpose to issue official statements for media consumption,’ Bernama quoted him as saying.
More example sentences1.4 [Computing/Informática] instrucción (f), sentencia (f)
- A witness [H] made a statement to the police in which he says [A] admitted to him that he had given your brother heroin.
- The said witness gave a statement to the police as well as testimony at trial.
- I reported this to the police and I made a statement describing the events.
- It's not necessarily a warning, it's just a clear statement of fact and principle that we're going after them.
- We have his clear statements of specific actions to take to make this city a better place.
- The research questions are answered in sequential order, with a clear statement for each question.
- 2 countable/numerable (of accounts) informe (masculine) anual(bank statement)estado (m) or extracto (m) de cuentaMore example sentences
- Always monitor your monthly billing statements and credit reports, and shred any documents that contain personal information.
- The only exception to this attitude would be that I do check my bank and credit card statements.
- Ms Smith wants to know how long should she keep her bank and credit card statements for.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...