Translation of status in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -tuses)
- 1 1.1 u and c (category, situation) member status categoría (feminine) de socio the status of women la condición jurídica y social de las mujeres what's his legal status? ¿cuál es su situación legal? this will has no legal status este testamento no tiene validez the group has no official status el grupo no está oficialmente reconocido como tal (before noun/delante del nombre) status inquiry (British English/inglés británico) [Business/Comercio] investigación (feminine) de calificación crediticia, consulta (feminine) de situación financiera 1.2 uncountable/no numerable(social status)posición (feminine) social, estatus (masculine) 1.3 uncountable/no numerable (kudos) estatus (masculine), prestigio (masculine), standing (masculine)Example sentences
- I watched him grow through college and Minor ranks to Senior star status over the years.
- Many observers noted that this system worked only as long as the officer enjoyed high social status.
- Even in a community steeped in wealth and status, the Tanners were a distinguished clan.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (state, condition) situación (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) status meeting reunión (feminine) de seguimientoExample sentences
- The new system involved a division of labour which accentuated differences and tension between high and lower status employees.
- In human societies, as in primate groups, lower status means less personal control.
- Too often, however, the chair of an academic meeting is determined by status rather than skill.
- I want regular reports on our status, and the legions are to be kept on constant alert.
- A spokesman for Aberdeen also refused to shed any light on the status of the bidding process.
- The SHB annual report also reveals the status of a number of capital projects in the county.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.