Translation of status in Spanish:
noun plural -tuses
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (category, situation) member statuscategoría (feminine) de sociothe status of womenla condición jurídica y social de las mujereswhat's his legal status?¿cuál es su situación legal?this will has no legal statuseste testamento no tiene validezthe group has no official statusel grupo no está oficialmente reconocido como tal(before noun) status inquiry (British English) (Business)investigación (feminine) de calificación crediticia1.2 uncountable
consulta (feminine) de situación financieraalso: social statusposición (feminine) social1.3 uncountable (kudos)
estatus (masculine)Example sentences
- I watched him grow through college and Minor ranks to Senior star status over the years.
- Many observers noted that this system worked only as long as the officer enjoyed high social status.
- Even in a community steeped in wealth and status, the Tanners were a distinguished clan.
- 2 uncountable (state, condition) (before noun) status meetingExample sentences
- The new system involved a division of labour which accentuated differences and tension between high and lower status employees.
- In human societies, as in primate groups, lower status means less personal control.
- Too often, however, the chair of an academic meeting is determined by status rather than skill.
- I want regular reports on our status, and the legions are to be kept on constant alert.
- A spokesman for Aberdeen also refused to shed any light on the status of the bidding process.
- The SHB annual report also reveals the status of a number of capital projects in the county.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.