There are 2 translations of staunch in Spanish:

staunch1

Pronunciation: /stɔːntʃ/

adj (-er, -est)

  • [supporter] incondicional, acérrimo; [ally] incondicional; [Protestant] acérrimo, devoto
    More example sentences
    • Although their commitments to Hull meant they were unable to take up an active role with York, Stabler remains a staunch supporter of the Wasps.
    • Denmark's government is a staunch supporter of the Bush administration and has committed troops to Iraq and Afghanistan.
    • Dr. Haloburdo is described as a dedicated, quiet, staunch supporter of baccalaureate education for nurses.

Definition of staunch in:

Get more from Oxford Dictionaries

Subscribe to remove adverts and access premium resources

Word of the day amnistiar
vt
to grant an amnesty to …
Cultural fact of the day

Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.

There are 2 translations of staunch in Spanish:

staunch2

vt

  • stanch1

Definition of staunch in:

Get more from Oxford Dictionaries

Subscribe to remove adverts and access premium resources

Word of the day amnistiar
vt
to grant an amnesty to …
Cultural fact of the day

Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.