- 1 1.1 (of barrel, hull) duela (f)More example sentences1.2 (of ladder) peldaño (m); (of chair) travesaño (m)
More example sentences
- Experiments with brandy as well as wine, however, demonstrate the superiority of air-dried over kiln-dried wood for barrel staves.
- To illustrate this, Liebig imagined a barrel crafted out of staves of mismatched lengths.
- The wood of the stave and arrow shafts was dark with moisture.
- It's like a workshop in Hades - you feel the heat from barrels set over open fires in the floor and hear the piercing din of hammers on steel as hoops are pounded onto staves.
- Cutting staves led to the purchase of a kiln, which, in turn, opened up additional markets.
- Here there were no men training, only a few targets and a pile of wooden staves in the corner.
- 3 (stanza) estrofa (f)
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.