- 1 1.1 (of barrel, hull) duela (f)More example sentences1.2 (of ladder) peldaño (m); (of chair) travesaño (m)
More example sentences
- Experiments with brandy as well as wine, however, demonstrate the superiority of air-dried over kiln-dried wood for barrel staves.
- To illustrate this, Liebig imagined a barrel crafted out of staves of mismatched lengths.
- The wood of the stave and arrow shafts was dark with moisture.
- It's like a workshop in Hades - you feel the heat from barrels set over open fires in the floor and hear the piercing din of hammers on steel as hoops are pounded onto staves.
- Cutting staves led to the purchase of a kiln, which, in turn, opened up additional markets.
- Here there were no men training, only a few targets and a pile of wooden staves in the corner.
- 3 (stanza) estrofa (f)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.