Translation of steam engine in Spanish:
- 1 (Mechanics)motor (masculine) de or a vaporExample sentences
- The sails were removed in 1866 and the mill was then powered by a coal-fired steam engine.
- He also refused to use a crank - to translate the reciprocal motion of the steam engine into the rotary motion required by most machines - because someone else had already mentioned it in another patent.
- In 1852 he flew 27 km. in a dirigible, powered by a steam engine.
- 2 (esp British English) (Railways)locomotora (feminine) de or a vapor
máquina (feminine) de or a vaporExample sentences
- It was the perfection of the steam engine by George Stephenson in 1825 that converted the railway into a means of transporting heavy goods which would replace both road and canal.
- The locomotive, the first steam engine to reach 100 mph and the first to travel non-stop from Edinburgh to London, has attracted worldwide interest.
- We pass a steam engine and the depot as we leave town.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.