Translation of steamroller in Spanish:
- (before noun) steamroller tacticstácticas (feminine plural) dictatoriales or avasalladorasExample sentences
- America is the steamroller of modernity, and its forcing the Europeans to adapt.
- But I also hope that, god forbid, if their magazine against all odds becomes a financial success, their love of books and concern for writers isn't crushed out by some corporate steamroller.
- This is hardly the place to rehearse the errors and elisions in his original article, or the way it allows its thesis like a steamroller to flatten the facts.
- 1.1 (flatten) 1.2 (crush)(opposition)
aplastarExample sentences1.3 (force) they steamrollered the plan through the committee
aplastando a la oposición, hicieron que la comisión aprobara el planto steamroller somebody
- Global strategies can steamroller people who have a profound insight in local markets for the grace of outsourcing and other large management techniques.
- This wouldn't matter if the material were intrinsically funny, and the performances were strong enough to steamroller the audience into acceptance of the authors' premise.
- In 1996, the Scotsman simply steamrollered him, before Ebdon, who abandoned academia to serve his apprenticeship at Kings Cross Snooker Club, finally took on the mantle of the master.
intosomething/ -inghe tried to steamroller us into (making) a quick decisionquiso obligarnos or forzarnos a tomar una decisión rápidaExample sentences
- This will certainly give opponents another point of attack, once the Government steamrollers the bill through Parliament.
- The second chamber needs both independence and a level of strength to prevent any one government steamrollering ill-conceived legislation through parliament.
- If that happens, then the threat of the use of the Parliament Act to steamroller the Bill into law looms large.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.