Translation of steamroller in Spanish:
- apisonadora (feminine), aplanadora (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) (before noun/delante del nombre) steamroller tactics tácticas (feminine plural) dictatoriales or avasalladorasExample sentences
- America is the steamroller of modernity, and its forcing the Europeans to adapt.
- But I also hope that, god forbid, if their magazine against all odds becomes a financial success, their love of books and concern for writers isn't crushed out by some corporate steamroller.
- This is hardly the place to rehearse the errors and elisions in his original article, or the way it allows its thesis like a steamroller to flatten the facts.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (flatten) [road/tarmac] apisonar, aplanar 1.2 (crush) [opposition] aplastar 1.3 (force) they steamrollered the plan through the committee aplastando a la oposición, hicieron que la comisión aprobara el planto steamroller sb
intosth/ -inghe tried to steamroller us into (making) a quick decision quiso obligarnos or forzarnos a tomar una decisión rápida
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the