Translation of steamroller in Spanish:
- apisonadora (feminine), aplanadora (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) (before noun/delante del nombre) steamroller tactics tácticas (feminine plural) dictatoriales or avasalladorasExample sentences
- America is the steamroller of modernity, and its forcing the Europeans to adapt.
- But I also hope that, god forbid, if their magazine against all odds becomes a financial success, their love of books and concern for writers isn't crushed out by some corporate steamroller.
- This is hardly the place to rehearse the errors and elisions in his original article, or the way it allows its thesis like a steamroller to flatten the facts.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (flatten) [road/tarmac] apisonar, aplanar 1.2 (crush) [opposition] aplastar 1.3 (force) they steamrollered the plan through the committee aplastando a la oposición, hicieron que la comisión aprobara el planto steamroller sb
intosth/ -inghe tried to steamroller us into (making) a quick decision quiso obligarnos or forzarnos a tomar una decisión rápida
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.