Translation of steamroller in Spanish:
- apisonadora (feminine), aplanadora (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) (before noun/delante del nombre) steamroller tactics tácticas (feminine plural) dictatoriales or avasalladorasExample sentences
- America is the steamroller of modernity, and its forcing the Europeans to adapt.
- But I also hope that, god forbid, if their magazine against all odds becomes a financial success, their love of books and concern for writers isn't crushed out by some corporate steamroller.
- This is hardly the place to rehearse the errors and elisions in his original article, or the way it allows its thesis like a steamroller to flatten the facts.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (flatten) [road/tarmac] apisonar, aplanar 1.2 (crush) [opposition] aplastar 1.3 (force) they steamrollered the plan through the committee aplastando a la oposición, hicieron que la comisión aprobara el planto steamroller sb
intosth/ -inghe tried to steamroller us into (making) a quick decision quiso obligarnos or forzarnos a tomar una decisión rápida
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to