Translation of steel in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (metal) acero (masculine) nerves of steel nervios de acero he showed his steel demostró su temple (before noun/delante del nombre) [girder/helmet] de acero the steel industry la industria siderúrgica steel maker o manufacturer fabricante (masculine and feminine) de aceroExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (sharpener) afilador (masculine), chaira (feminine)
- This shining metal was not raw iron but hard steel, which bent the softer wrought-iron blades of the Gauls.
- Adding carbon to iron to make steel does make it stronger and tougher, up to a point.
- Carbon steel is an alloy of iron with small amounts of Mn, S, P, and Si. Alloy steels are carbon steels with other additives such as nickel, chromium, vanadium, etc.
- With it I demonstrate that it is impossible to cut yourself when sharpening on a steel as long as you use Neville knives.
reflexive verb/verbo reflexivo
- to steel oneself
forsth/to + infinitive/infinitivoarmarse de valor paraalgo/ para+ infinitive/infinitivohe steeled himself for the injection/to phone her se armó de valor para la inyección/para llamarla she had steeled herself against his entreaties se había hecho fuerte para no ceder a sus súplicas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a