Translation of steel in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (metal) nerves of steelhe showed his steelnervios de acerodemostró su temple(before noun) (girder/helmet)the steel industryde acerosteel maker o manufacturerla industria siderúrgicafabricante (masculine and feminine) de aceroExample sentences1.2 countable (sharpener)
- This shining metal was not raw iron but hard steel, which bent the softer wrought-iron blades of the Gauls.
- Adding carbon to iron to make steel does make it stronger and tougher, up to a point.
- Carbon steel is an alloy of iron with small amounts of Mn, S, P, and Si. Alloy steels are carbon steels with other additives such as nickel, chromium, vanadium, etc.
- With it I demonstrate that it is impossible to cut yourself when sharpening on a steel as long as you use Neville knives.
- to steel oneself
forsomething/to + infinitivehe steeled himself for the injection/to phone herarmarse de valor paraalgo/ para+ infinitiveshe had steeled herself against his entreatiesse armó de valor para la inyección/para llamarlase había hecho fuerte para no ceder a sus súplicasExample sentences
- It's all because I'm mentally steeling myself in preparation for next Monday.
- Stiffening, his hand gravitating to his sword hilt, Ikeda steeled himself, preparing for any situation.
- When that was confirmed I realised I had actually been steeling myself in preparation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.