Translation of steel in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (metal) acero (masculine) nerves of steel nervios de acero he showed his steel demostró su temple (before noun/delante del nombre) [girder/helmet] de acero the steel industry la industria siderúrgica steel maker o manufacturer fabricante (masculine and feminine) de aceroExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (sharpener) afilador (masculine), chaira (feminine)
- This shining metal was not raw iron but hard steel, which bent the softer wrought-iron blades of the Gauls.
- Adding carbon to iron to make steel does make it stronger and tougher, up to a point.
- Carbon steel is an alloy of iron with small amounts of Mn, S, P, and Si. Alloy steels are carbon steels with other additives such as nickel, chromium, vanadium, etc.
- With it I demonstrate that it is impossible to cut yourself when sharpening on a steel as long as you use Neville knives.
reflexive verb/verbo reflexivo
- to steel oneself
forsth/to + infinitive/infinitivoarmarse de valor paraalgo/ para+ infinitive/infinitivohe steeled himself for the injection/to phone her se armó de valor para la inyección/para llamarla she had steeled herself against his entreaties se había hecho fuerte para no ceder a sus súplicas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas