Translation of steel in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (metal) nerves of steelnervios de acerohe showed his steeldemostró su temple(before noun) (girder/helmet)the steel industry
de acerola industria siderúrgicasteel maker o manufacturerfabricante (masculine and feminine) de aceroExample sentences1.2 countable (sharpener)
- This shining metal was not raw iron but hard steel, which bent the softer wrought-iron blades of the Gauls.
- Adding carbon to iron to make steel does make it stronger and tougher, up to a point.
- Carbon steel is an alloy of iron with small amounts of Mn, S, P, and Si. Alloy steels are carbon steels with other additives such as nickel, chromium, vanadium, etc.
- With it I demonstrate that it is impossible to cut yourself when sharpening on a steel as long as you use Neville knives.
- to steel oneself
forsomething/to + infinitivearmarse de valorhe steeled himself for the injection/to phone her paraalgo/ para+ infinitivese armó de valor para la inyección/para llamarlashe had steeled herself against his entreatiesse había hecho fuerte para no ceder a sus súplicasExample sentences
- It's all because I'm mentally steeling myself in preparation for next Monday.
- Stiffening, his hand gravitating to his sword hilt, Ikeda steeled himself, preparing for any situation.
- When that was confirmed I realised I had actually been steeling myself in preparation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.