- 1.1 u [Metall] acero (m) nerves of steel nervios de acero he showed his steel demostró su temple (before n) [girder/helmet] de acero the steel industry la industria siderúrgica steel maker o manufacturer fabricante (mf) de aceroMore example sentences1.2 c (sharpener) afilador (m), chaira (f)
More example sentences
- This shining metal was not raw iron but hard steel, which bent the softer wrought-iron blades of the Gauls.
- Adding carbon to iron to make steel does make it stronger and tougher, up to a point.
- Carbon steel is an alloy of iron with small amounts of Mn, S, P, and Si. Alloy steels are carbon steels with other additives such as nickel, chromium, vanadium, etc.
- With it I demonstrate that it is impossible to cut yourself when sharpening on a steel as long as you use Neville knives.
- to steel oneself
forsth/to + infarmarse de valor paraalgo/ para+ infhe steeled himself for the injection/to phone her se armó de valor para la inyección/para llamarla she had steeled herself against his entreaties se había hecho fuerte para no ceder a sus súplicasMore example sentences
- It's all because I'm mentally steeling myself in preparation for next Monday.
- Stiffening, his hand gravitating to his sword hilt, Ikeda steeled himself, preparing for any situation.
- When that was confirmed I realised I had actually been steeling myself in preparation.