Translation of stencil in Spanish:
- 1 (for lettering, decoration)Example sentences
- It just takes a little glass paint and a stencil or template.
- Many paint and craft stores sell pre-cut, reusable plastic stencils in a variety of patterns, such as leaves, ivy, flowers, etc.
- In subsequent works, he created permutating, off-centered grids with spray paint applied through stencils.
- Smack dab in the middle of the canvas, an enormous silhouetted hen sits contentedly on her nest, framed by a field of radiant orange-on-orange floral stencils over a hot-pink background.
- The plates were placed on a roof with stencils covering the positive areas of the portrait.
- Or use border tiles to define a panel or tiled splashback, and then echo the motif as a stencil along the bottom edge of your table linen or roller blinds.
transitive verb (British English) -ll-
- 1(design/pattern) (escribir, dibujar o pintar utilizando una plantilla)Example sentences
- They had printed in white stenciled letters their message on the inside of the leaf… which is silly because leaves fall with the outside upwards, so all the messages were obscured but one.
- He had spent the day stenciling tiny Christmas trees along the border of the sign.
- Shapes are stencilled onto coloured papers to make cut-outs, and onto photos, for cropping them into interesting shapes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.