Translation of sterile in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [person/animal/land] estéril, yermo [literary/literario]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 [argument/discussion/task] estéril
- As the experiment was designed to assess the effect of mating on female egg fertility, it was important to remove sterile females from the data set.
- The ratter kills young and old, male and female, pregnant and sterile with the same compassionless urge.
- Those adults that do survive are extremely sickly; the females were invariably sterile and the males bred very poorly.
- Hester remains in Boston, and goes to live on a remote peninsula of the town in an abandoned cottage where the land is too sterile to support a family.
- The sturdy roots dug deep into unyielding rocks and drew nourishment from the seemingly sterile soil.
- Unless your soil is actually sterile, which is rare, it is recommended that you use your soil as you find it.
- Discussions are sometimes abusive and unpleasant, and often sterile and unproductive, with most people adhering rigidly to their long-entrenched prejudices.
- It becomes sterile - lacking joy, awe and a sense of God.
- Personally, I have long ceased listening to either its presentation by the Finance Minister, or the sterile debate that follows.
- 2 (germ-free) [solution/dressing] estérilExample sentences
- Open fractures need to be cleaned thoroughly in the sterile environment of the operating room before they're set because the bone's exposure to the air poses a risk of infection.
- The closure threatens the supply of clean, sterile needles to local intravenous drug users.
- They also provide sterile syringes and needles, as well as management of overdoses by medical personnel when necessary.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.