- 1 1.1 [person/animal/land] estéril, yermo [literary/literario]More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [argument/discussion/task] estéril
- As the experiment was designed to assess the effect of mating on female egg fertility, it was important to remove sterile females from the data set.
- The ratter kills young and old, male and female, pregnant and sterile with the same compassionless urge.
- Those adults that do survive are extremely sickly; the females were invariably sterile and the males bred very poorly.
More example sentences
- Hester remains in Boston, and goes to live on a remote peninsula of the town in an abandoned cottage where the land is too sterile to support a family.
- The sturdy roots dug deep into unyielding rocks and drew nourishment from the seemingly sterile soil.
- Unless your soil is actually sterile, which is rare, it is recommended that you use your soil as you find it.
- Discussions are sometimes abusive and unpleasant, and often sterile and unproductive, with most people adhering rigidly to their long-entrenched prejudices.
- It becomes sterile - lacking joy, awe and a sense of God.
- Personally, I have long ceased listening to either its presentation by the Finance Minister, or the sterile debate that follows.
- 2 (germ-free) [solution/dressing] estérilMore example sentences
- Open fractures need to be cleaned thoroughly in the sterile environment of the operating room before they're set because the bone's exposure to the air poses a risk of infection.
- The closure threatens the supply of clean, sterile needles to local intravenous drug users.
- They also provide sterile syringes and needles, as well as management of overdoses by medical personnel when necessary.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.