- [Fin] libra (f) (esterlina) payment will be made in sterling el pago se efectuará en libras (esterlinas)More example sentences
- Some of the Irish money was converted into sterling and is believed to have been smuggled back into the country, the sources said.
- In the historiography of post-war Britain, the management of sterling as an international currency is often seen as an example of this dilemma.
- But why are all prices charged in sterling on an Irish airline, even on flights between two eurozone countries?
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.
- 1 (no comp) 1.1 [Fin] the pound sterling la libra esterlina they paid us by sterling cheque nos pagaron con un cheque en libras (esterlinas) 1.2 (silver) [bracelet/cutlery] de plata de ley sterling silver plata (f) de ley
- 2 (excellent) invaluable, invalorable (CS) he did some sterling work for us efectuó un excelente trabajo para nosotros after 20 years of sterling service después de 20 años de invaluables or (CS tb) invalorables servicios many thanks for your sterling work muchas gracias por tu invaluable or (CS tb) invalorable colaboraciónMore example sentences
- He praised the sterling work of the Friends of St. Patrick's for their enormous contributions to the betterment of the life of patients and staff at the hospital.
- A most wonderful lady of sterling qualities, she was deeply religious.
- George was a most remarkable man of sterling qualities, a wonderful example to his family.